Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Alarm / door locking help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loafboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alarm / door locking help
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 12:33pm
How do i lock the doors with my daughter still in the car (QQ+2 2013).

My old car had a 'tow' setting, that switches off the interior alarm sensors but allows me to lock the car without the alarm going off (ie when popping in to pay for petrol), but i cant seem to find similar on my qq

any ideas ?

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:32pm
There's a button on the rear view mirror panel I believe... Only heard about it the other day lol
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:33pm
Not on a 2013 there isnt unfortunately , only the new 2014 model. You have to turn the ignition on & off 3 times pretty quickly (within 10 sec I think) then get out & lock as normal & you should hear a beep to confirm the internal sensors are disabled, note this iis cancelled next time you open the car so has to be done every time you want it to happen
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:32am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Not on a 2013 there isnt unfortunately , only the new 2014 model. You have to turn the ignition on & off 3 times pretty quickly (within 10 sec I think) then get out & lock as normal & you should hear a beep to confirm the internal sensors are disabled, note this iis cancelled next time you open the car so has to be done every time you want it to happen

Ah, right sorry .
I read a post out to hubby about the switch, told him our pooch had set alarm off a couple of times when I ran into the shop, he said "didn't you know about it" nooooo I said wish I'd known then Tec had that function he didn't correct me so I assumed wrong :-(   at least I know the new car has the switch
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
loafboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loafboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 8:33am
cheers ericos will try the ignition thing 
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:32am
Turning the ignition on off etc. sound a little to complicated to me, there should be a button somewhere to isolate the sonic beam that triggers the alarm. All my cars over the last 10 years plus have had a button, sometimes on the B pillar, or like the new QQ near the front interior lights.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 11:21pm
I agree there should be but it obviously didnt occur to Nissan until this year. The ignition on & off 3 times thing is outlined in the manual.

Edited by ericos - 07 May 2014 at 11:24pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:10pm
I will have to try this on my N-Tec QQ+2, thanks
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Cawtey1970 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cawtey1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:08pm
My 2013 QQ 360 makes the beep every time I lock the car with the key fob indicating (I assume) that the ultrasonic sensors are off. As this is meant to reset the sensors back on, it is strange that I still get the beep.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 11:32pm
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that, Ive never used it on my 2013 360 but on my 2010 n-tec it was a one-off thing, sensors reactived next time the car was used & locked again so you had to repeat the procedure each time you wanted to use the feature. As I said not tried it one the 360 so maybe it changed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic