UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

All windows opened automatically?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundman32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All windows opened automatically?
    Posted: 03áAprá2018 at 12:15pm
My dad bought a brand new Qashqai last month (march 2018).  Not sure which model, but he said it was 'top of the range' - whatever that is ;-)

I was visiting him today, and as he came out of the house, we noticed all the windows were down and the doors unlocked.   

Is this a thing that Qashqai's do? 

Is there a button on the fob that does this, or is it some sort of crash detection thing?  

Is there a way to turn this 'feature' off, or is it a back to the dealer thing?

Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áAprá2018 at 3:20pm
If you press and hold the unlock button on the remote the windows all open on the Tekna+. If you press and hold the lock button on the remote the windows all close again. My guess would be someone has sat on the remote or the remote is faulty.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áAprá2018 at 2:59pm
Hmmm - 'top of the range' is a Tekna+ Tongue.

Mine's never done what you describe though.  The unlock button on the key fob only does the doors and boot as far as I know.

Phone the dealer and ask.

Let us know what they say.

Could be a new gadget I haven't discovered yet.

Geek

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áAprá2018 at 3:20pm
If you press and hold the unlock button on the remote the windows all open on the Tekna+. If you press and hold the lock button on the remote the windows all close again. My guess would be someone has sat on the remote or the remote is faulty.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2018 at 12:29pm
Ah - the amazing Tekna+ - every day a new gadget discovered.

Thanks Nick.

Thumbs Up

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2018 at 1:04pm
Trying to think of a possible use for opening all the windows at once via the remote, other than it looking cool..... Nah, can't think of any!

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Hoffers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 11:39am
In this heat wave of a summer I have regularly had to go out to my car just before I got in it to open all the windows or leave the doors open just to get it down to a temperature that I was able to get in it. Im really hopimg my QQ has this feature on it. Its a 2017 1.6dCi Tekna ?
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Hoffers Hoffers wrote:

In this heat wave of a summer I have regularly had to go out to my car just before I got in it to open all the windows or leave the doors open just to get it down to a temperature that I was able to get in it. Im really hopimg my QQ has this feature on it. Its a 2017 1.6dCi Tekna ?
------------------------------totally agree,will try this with my 2017 teckna.
one thought though,is this  defeating the object of having keylessConfused
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Hoffers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAugá2018 at 9:31pm
No I dont think so...I regularly took the risk for a couple of minutes leaving my car wide open just so I could breath when I got in it. The option to have quickly opened the windows rather than the whole doors or struggle to open them is more of a pain than watching it for a little while after you auto release the windows, can anyone tell me if this is a feature on the Teckna, I haven't got mine yet.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAugá2018 at 12:47pm

No I dont think so...I regularly took the risk for a couple of minutes leaving my car wide open just so I could breath when I got in it. The option to have quickly opened the windows rather than the whole doors or struggle to open them is more of a pain than watching it for a little while after you auto release the windows, can anyone tell me if this is a feature on the Teckna, I haven't got mine yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tried mine this morning and suprised to say that they do open and close.
being 03.30 in the morning did not want to mess about to much but i think you have to hold the button until they are fully open.
ie. took finger off the button when windows were half way down and thats where they stopped.
to close was just a touch of the button.
hope that helps.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Hoffers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAugá2018 at 4:44pm
Many Thanks for the effort Tekna, just the info I was after and hopefully its another little perk you have discovered to.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAugá2018 at 11:43am

Many Thanks for the effort Tekna, just the info I was after and hopefully its another little perk you have discovered to.
----------------------------------------
just another note,when opened they will have to close with the key fob,will not close using keyless when you lock the car.
HardDrive View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAugá2018 at 12:21pm
Works on a 2017 Tekna 
Hoffers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAugá2018 at 2:15pm
Hmmmmm mines a 2017 Tekna just picked it up, it seems to have everything else but the dealer said not that Ill try later
HardDrive View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAugá2018 at 3:53pm
Mine is is a 2017 Tekna facelift it locks with the key not the keyless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic