UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Alternator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqaibandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternator
    Posted: 11áJaná2017 at 4:23pm
   Hi all, I have a qashqai+2 on a 2014 reg which is one of the last of the J10 engines in 1.5dci I believe, anyway I can be driving along with the heating on and lights on like you do on cold dark morning and my head lights have been dimming when I take my foot of the throttle but when I re apply they Brighten back up. The interior lights also have a pulsating look about them when I pull up and open the door whilst the engines runnin.
Nissan have had the car in ans said everything is working as should and happy to let the car go but clearly there is a problem, the battery with the engine off is 12.9v and running is 13.6/13.9v
Any advice would be brilliant even Nissan head office have been hopeless!
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2017 at 7:30pm
13.9 volts suggest the alternator is working ok.  Strange one Confused

2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Qashqaibandit View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqaibandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2017 at 9:20pm
Exactly my point! Do you think I'm being picky?
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2017 at 2:58pm
The alternator charges the battery and provides power to all the gizmos in a car via an stabiliser/regulator. When the head lights display this behaviour, this stabiliser/regulator could be kaput....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Qashqaibandit View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqaibandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2017 at 7:39pm
I've now sent Nissan a video of what's happening so no waiting for the highly qualified technicians 🤡 To view and come back to me well the garage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic