UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Ambient lighting project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ambient lighting project
    Posted: 18áDecá2016 at 5:38pm
Having seen the BMW 7 series ambient lighting, it gave me the idea to try it on my Qashqai. I installed around the panoramic roof trim and in the door cards. I installed the main light so it cannot be seen when sitting, you just get the ambient glow on the door armrest and around the roof lining. Very easy to install and cheap to buy. I just used the existing connections in the doors and the roof light was run down the A pillar to the power socket. Once you lock the car, the ambient light will remain lit for about 10 seconds and then turn off.

2008 Black 1.6 Tekna Stone leather
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2016 at 7:17pm
Nice - especially the doors - what did you use?
2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2016 at 9:51pm
EL wire

The wire I used comes with a wide edge attached so it fits into gaps more easy, but it also comes without the edge.

2008 Black 1.6 Tekna Stone leather
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áDecá2016 at 9:37am
Thumbs Up
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic