UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anti skid light. Engine management. Loss of power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Anti skid light. Engine management. Loss of power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti skid light. Engine management. Loss of power
    Posted: 29áAugá2018 at 7:37pm
so i was driving home as normal and i heard a bang like a backfire.
engine management light came on a restricted power on all gears.
i can get it 60 eventually but it's a struggle.
engine sounds rough too.

then after 10-15 minutes the 2 yellow "skid" warning lights came on.

i managed to coax it back home by driving the long way round that didn't involve a couple of steep hills.

it's a 2012 1.5 dCI just short of 60k miles and has been serviced at all the normal intervals.

can anyone suggest what the problem might be?
i need to make a decision as to whether to attempt to get to work tomorrow (25 miles, mostly motorway)  and drop it off at the garage nearby or abandon that and take it straight to the local garage.
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áAugá2018 at 9:56am
The choice is yours, but with rough running engine and restricted power, I would be visiting the nearest garage, rather than a distant one via an AA recovery truck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic