UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Anxious

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kandiekiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anxious
    Posted: 05áNová2018 at 8:06pm
Hi guys. I'm new here and I'm possibly about to buy my first qashqai.
I'm looking at a 2017 1.5 DCI tekna manual 15991 miles from Wessex nissan for ú16000
I've been super excited about getting one for months now, but I just decided to read the reviews on auto trader and now I'm filled with dread.
It seems like everyone has nothing but problems with them or us it just a case of people only reviewing when they're not happy and the happy customers don't say anything.

Lots of key issues with them not being recognised, the dab and satnav cutting out, parking sensors not working when it rains or them coming on whilst driving at high speed.

I've only ever had old Ford's in the past so nothing fancy tech in them to go wrong.

Can anyone put my nerves at ease or tell me to not bother.

Thank you x
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áNová2018 at 9:04pm
Hi Kandiekiss, you'll find some folks here on their 3rd, 4th or even 5th QQ, so they can't be all bad. Yes, there are some with issues but those with gripes speak louder than those without. Put new batteries in the key fobs when you get them, come here for advice when you need to, look after the car and hopefully it will look after you.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Kandiekiss View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kandiekiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áNová2018 at 9:16pm
Thank you. I've been so excited about getting one and that just put a damper on it, but I suppose it's pot luck if you get a good or a bad one.
Thank you for replying and if I get it I'll definitely be a regular here.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áNová2018 at 5:48pm
My concern would more be related to your choice of Wessex - I had a lot of issues with the performance of the Gloucester branch.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áNová2018 at 6:43pm
Mine''s a No. 5 and no issues in any that would stop me recommending Qashqai.

Always a little niggle here and there (which make doesn't?) but always been fixed.

Buy and enjoy
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kandiekiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áNová2018 at 9:15pm
Hi, I've never bought from a dealer before, only privately from scumtree so no idea what to expect tbh.
Turvey View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áNová2018 at 10:29pm
Folk only post on forums when they have a problem, no-one posts saying they've had a problem-free trip/day/week etc

gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áNová2018 at 4:36pm
If you do go with Wessex beware of all the loadings on the price they try to convince you to have. In my case the invoice was ú1500 more than agreed owing to these.

They try to get you to pay a "delivery charge" of ú299, then there's gap insurance, bump insurance, wheel insurance, paintwork protection, etc, etc.

I refused the lot but it was a trial... I twice had to sign documents to prove I'd been offered each one and rejected it.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áNová2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Turvey Turvey wrote:

Folk only post on forums when they have a problem, no-one posts saying they've had a problem-free trip/day/week etc

Agree - plus - I've noticed that any mention of Qashqai online seems to attract loads of trolls dissing the model.

My guess is most have never even touched one. Most likely Kia owners with buyer regret
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kandiekiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áNová2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by gloucester gloucester wrote:

If you do go with Wessex beware of all the loadings on the price they try to convince you to have. In my case the invoice was ú1500 more than agreed owing to these.

They try to get you to pay a "delivery charge" of ú299, then there's gap insurance, bump insurance, wheel insurance, paintwork protection, etc, etc.

I refused the lot but it was a trial... I twice had to sign documents to prove I'd been offered each one and rejected it.

Thank you, that's good to know. I'll pass on them all aswell, never needed them on any other car.
I'm so nervous about it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic