UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any1 from Edinburgh or Borders want to help me?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Any1 from Edinburgh or Borders want to help me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any1 from Edinburgh or Borders want to help me?
    Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 10:25pm
Hi,

As in title, anyone from Edinburgh or Borders want to help me? Big smile
I had 6 months of problems with my car and it is not getting any better, been 6 times to the dealer. My main compain is gear selector (but this might be hard to reproduce if car been recently driven) and road handling. So the question is if anyone who got QQ of their own (pref. tekna diesel) would like to come on a test drive in mine to see if there really is something wrong or is it just my imagination? Especially would like to see opinion on road handling/cornering of someone who drive QQ everyday. Me and my partner seem to see the problems, dealer keep saying "car is great to drive".

Help much apreciated!
2.0dci Black Tekna
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 10:27pm
Well I am often up there....and Berwick so not far from you, but not due to go up for anotehr couple of weeks.

Is it only when cold?
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 10:28pm
Oh no... not so good,

Craig, one of our mod lives in your neck of the woods, can't recall if he has a diesel though

good luck

Fee
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 10:50pm
Yeah was thinking about Craig but cannot send private messages.

Gears are pretty much nightmare when cold as sometimes I cannot get into gear or even out of gear. When it warms up (after about 10 miles or 20 minutes) it gets better, I don't have problem to get into gear but I cannot say it is smooth. Feels as if clutch was not fully pressed, with a little grind feeling. Gear cable was adjusted before and it helped alot, gear selector was fantastic, but only for 3-4 days, after that it started again. Then cable was replaced and same story, fine for about week then started again.

Handling is dodgy in any conditions. But sometimes it goes in a "driving on ice" mode in nice dry day. Stearing lacks feeling and back of car feels like sliding to side. Qashqai is bigger and heavier car, but got no problems with driving pathfinder in 2WD mode : / Also if there is a warning with 40 mph max on corner and it is strugling with 35mph then that is not right.

I am thinking it might be some electric fault as got other problems like dashboard, satnav and headligths going black in middle of night : / to come back on after 5-10 seconds.

My local dealer had car for over two weeks and fixed only auto wipers, so think I will try Alex F. this time, but would like opinion of someone who also drives QQ and is not in that person interest to fob me off ; p
2.0dci Black Tekna
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 11:01pm
That sounds distinctly not right at all.

I have the same car as you and both my gears are fine from cold...easy to select and no different to when it is warm. 

If they ahev replaced the gear selector cable and it was fine then went the same I may be thinking it was a clutch pressure late problem or the release bearing....but it could be the lever itself. I'll take the cover off mine and see what I can see. I had a similar problem with a previous Polo and the plastic bushes on the selector arm were worn....

Handling..again, not a problem with mine. I did push mine to the limit on a corner to test and found there was a lot of understeer...but this was at 60-70mph. No issues with the backend sliding out at all.

Just as a test, put it in Auto Mode on the 4wd dial and test again...I ahve mine permanently in Auto mode.

However, it does seem you ahve a lot of problems mate...when did you get it?

BTW - I will move this to MY Qashqai section...you can still reply there.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 11:02pm
with QQ...moved to this section mate.
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 11:31pm
Thanks, should post here in first place... not to mention I should finally contribute.
Collected car on 16th April this year. There was a delay so dealer gave me their demo +2 n-tec for that few days. I noticed there is something wrong with my car as soon as I drove first mile in it, but was told it is new so no need to worry about gears, and handlind was suppose to be different than on +2 demo as was smaller. Well then I had courtesy car 5 seater also n-tec which also had better road handling. One thing is for sure it is not getting any better with time : )
No chance for Auto mode as this is 2WD option, before I was refering for my partners pathfinder ;p
2.0dci Black Tekna
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2011 at 11:58pm
Ah, OK...sorry, my misunderstanding about the 4wd/2wd.

Have you checked the tyre pressures? - especially the rear as I am at a loss as to what that may be  - I assume your brakes feel OK. Check them if not already...it might be something as simple as that.

If I was up the borders this weekend I would pop over as Hawick is spitting distance...
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:07am

been pointed toward this thread (thank you fee)

hows next thursday for you withQQ? early/afternoon..
im only 40 miles away I can pop up and give my opinion but I have a 1.6 petrol its a completely different gear box..

so would only be an opinion of if I see a problem not if its different to normal sorry..

not sure if theres anyone else in the area.

^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:20am
List of things that seems wrong is pretty long. Breaks not always working same, sometimes it takes really long for car to break. I check tyre pressure once a week or two weeks. Other things that worried me:
- engine sometimes do the noise but have less pulling power
- I do same road every day, pretty much same driving style, and avg mpg sometimes show 54mpg for 100 miles trip, sometimes 45mpg
- mpg meter like to jumps all over the scale even I don't change acceleration (straight road)
- electricts, as mentioned before
- bluetooth show phone connected but sometimes doesn't transfer phonecalls to connect, but phone act as it had connection (no ring tone), same problem with music from phone (via bluetooth) sometimes works sometimes not
- recently I had problem with music from usb for two days, songs jumped randomly, some random high volume noises, skipping songs, some songs were listed twice, even got nice video of this
- air con happen to try bake me in sunny days, with temp set to any other than "LO" it was blowing hot air and usually only on driver side : /
There was problem with autowipers and autolights but seems they fixed it by replacing gellypad, now they are less sensitive and can actually adjust speed of wipe. Lights were getting on and off on totally sunny day in open road, but been told that gellypad should also fix this.
I am totally sure this is something with electric and bet all related, as when I had gear cable changed, they must have unpluged battery as all my setting were reset, clock in some random time (apart from satnav which kept time setting) after that car was perfect to drive but only for maybe 10 days : /
Uff long story ; )
Where are you based Hamish? I can come to England if you not too much south ; p
2.0dci Black Tekna
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:23am
Thanks Craig,

I am working in Edinburgh and leave car near Easter Road, but can pop wherever suits you. I been in petrol QQ so can tell gears work a bit different but still if you can see what you think about road handling would be great?
2.0dci Black Tekna
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:27am
i live about 17miles from there if you wanted to pop out this way.. you more than likely have to pass here on your way home to hawick..
I live in gorebridge.. just off the A7.

if your about next thursday i'll be off work and can take a wee look
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:27am
Ah one last thing, can anyone tell me, when there is low fuel warning, when it goes that low while driving, or switch ignition on with almost empty tank, do you guys get beep warning noise? I swear it used to beep, not it doesn't, but all other warning like speed camera or low temp outside beep, barelly but do some sound.
2.0dci Black Tekna
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:29am
Yeah I pass gorebridge twice a day, would apreciate it if I could use some of your time. Thanks!
2.0dci Black Tekna
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:29am
i haven't noticed mine beeping withQQ on low fuel warning.

do get it with cameras and low temp
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 12:31am

always willing to help someone from here.. never met another member yet lol.

pm me next week sometime and we can sort a time out to stop in and see what we can do.

Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 8:28am
Mine does a loud beep when the low fuel warning light first comes on, but it doesn't beep again if I restart the ignition without adding fuel. Sounds like your QQ has a lot of problems :( I hope you're able to get it sorted.

2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 11:35am
Thanks Gemma for info, I was not sure if I remember that from Pathfinder or mine. I also hope it will get sorted soon as if it won't be fixed in month I will probably trade in for a new one.
Booked visit to dealer on 25th so thursday woudl be too late now Craig. Will see if anyone else close want to have a go?
2.0dci Black Tekna
rarneil View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rarneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 10:11pm
Hi I live in dunbar but i have a 1.5td N-Tec 2wd, so again different from yours. But have had various jobs in motor trade etc so have driven dozens of makes types etc.
A F Noble were my supplying dealer but not used their sevice dept yet!!
If I can be of help let me know.
Rodney
Speedway is the best.
Qashqai 1.5TD N - Tec Magnetic Red Delivered very impressed with Dealer and Salesman John Allan of A.F.Noble Waiting on bling to arrive!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 10:41pm

rodney.. i think its the same gear box in yours as in the 2.0 diesel so maybe you would be of more help than me.

rarneil View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rarneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2011 at 11:07pm
Hi Craig QQ
I am not sure if its the same but willing to try and help a fellow member.
He can PM me or what any way he wants will try to help.

I have now done 9600 or so since end April and had no mechanical problems at all.
I am exremely happy with the car.
I am really a vauxhall person and had a Zafira 1.9td Auto it was great on fuel comfort etc.
We also have 2 fronteras ( 1 petrol 2.2 LWB and a 2.5td LWB) Great motors not so good on fuel no major problems with either.
The Qashqai is better on fuel, more comfortable, better spec etc.
So i am entirely happy with the Qashqai.
Rodney
Speedway is the best.
Qashqai 1.5TD N - Tec Magnetic Red Delivered very impressed with Dealer and Salesman John Allan of A.F.Noble Waiting on bling to arrive!
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áOctá2011 at 10:09am
Hi Rodney,
From what I know it is the same gearbox, so if you can spare some time that would be great. Just let me know on email when suits you. Contribution on its way but may take few days before I can sent private messages. Here is my email : (can post pm so deletign email)
Hope spam bots won't get that :)
About AF Noble I must say they are great. Before my back seat was not locking into floor, so after a drive I was finding it to stick above and after pushing the lock into floor it was slowly getting out again. My local dealer said this is ok and nothing can be done, ofc I wasn't happy with that, so Nissan suggested to go to different dealer (AF Noble). Noble garage opinion was it wasn't safe and fixed it quickly and never had problem with it again. They also adjusted wheel allignment after my concerns for car pulling to side (again my dealer didn't saw any problem) and it was really nicelly done. So I am sure AF Noble know what they doing and what is more important won't fob anyone off, even I didn't bought a car from them.

Edited by ^^withQQ - 22áOctá2011 at 5:15pm
2.0dci Black Tekna
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áOctá2011 at 10:22am
noble was my supplying dealer withQQ aswell, i haven't dealt with the one in galashiels, but from the sounds of it thats a good thing(think its called dalgleish?)
so far i haven't had a problem but nobles were great on collection day.. they actually opened up on a day they were supposed to be closed just to deliver mine and 4 other QQ's between the dealer principle and the salesman who I dealt with.. great guy.
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áOctá2011 at 3:34pm
To be fair Dalgleish is not all bad. I first bought a citroen from their citroen branch and was veery happy all the way. Sales at Nissan is also great, it is the after sales/service I am not entirelly happy with. It would be not the first time they screwed up with a repair.
2.0dci Black Tekna
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áOctá2011 at 6:50pm

Went to visit Rodney yesterday. Great guy and helped alot, thanks again! He had a drive in my car I had in his. Noticed few differences, but we weren't sure about one as his is 1.5dci mine is 2.0dci, the clutch in mine works much much harder, there is more resistance when pressing. Does anyone know if 2.0dci clutch should be any different? I noticed clutch in 1.6 petrol to work very light compared to mine, but assumed that how it is in petrol version. Anyone got any idea?

2.0dci Black Tekna
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áOctá2011 at 9:04pm
I am not sure about your car but I can say the clutch in my old 1.6 petrol was far far lighter than the clutch in my 1.5....

I really hope you get this sorted out

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áOctá2011 at 9:47pm

before you mention you test drove a 1.5 phone another nissan dealer, that doesn't know about your problems and ask them if its the same 6 speed manual box in the 1.5 and 2.0 engines.

as far as I can find it is, but I couldn't say for definite and if you ask your dealer they might just say its different incase you ask to test drive a 1.5

hope you get it sorted tomorrow mate.
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áOctá2011 at 6:26pm
According to mechanic at Alex F. Noble, Andy, 2.0dci got different gearbox and different clutch than 1.5dci. I left the car for 2 days, they test drove it both with engine warmed up and cold and didn't found any problems with either handling or gearbox. From good side they digged dipper to look for any reason of losing electric power while driving and found one connector to be lose, so at least I don't need to worry about getting myself killed at night :D
2.0dci Black Tekna
rarneil View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rarneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áOctá2011 at 10:27pm
Hi
I am glad you hopefully have the dead electrics fixed.
Re clutch and gearbox I did say it could be a different box / clutch, but i still feel that its very stiff into gears and clutch pedal is very heavy compared to my 1.5 as you tried yourself. Again all cars are not exactly the same. But if it was my car I could not keep it due to heavy clutch it would be OK on long distances but terrible in town work and very sore on my leg even in the distance we went.

I think you need to keep going with the car and hopefully your confidence in the car will return.
They are a great car.
Best wishes
Rodney
Speedway is the best.
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2011 at 8:29am
After much thinking decided to trade Qashqai in. Was tempted to go for same spec 1.6dci but was bit afraid of going for engine I cannot testdrive and ended up ordering Nissan Juke Kuro.
Thanks again for all great help guys and even I won't be Qashqai owner still plan to read the forum!
If you know anyone brave enough who want to buy 2.0dci Tekna with 3 years service and some extras for 19.5k GBP let me know ; )
2.0dci Black Tekna
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2011 at 6:16pm
oh well ,   going to the dark side eh?... you will be one of only 700 is it?.. limited edition.. what colour, red or black...

have a look at juke owners club, if you havent already...

Good luck

Fee xxx

^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2011 at 10:12pm
hehe, yeah went into dark side. Would go for another Qashqai as I am not big fan of red/gray interior in JUKE but black sound better, not to mention I really enjoyed the test drive in it.
Haven't registered with JUKE owners club but been reading it a bit. BTW is Fee at Juke forum your account? ;p

Will need luck, would be nice to finally get a car I will enjoy ; )
2.0dci Black Tekna
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2011 at 10:16pm

...and I went for black version, 1.5dci. Wanted 1.6Dig-T but my parner who is paying for fuel said it need to be diesel ;(

2.0dci Black Tekna
^^withQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^^withQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áNová2011 at 8:31pm
Hey,

As I am trading in my Qashqai I have few items to sell as dealer doesn't want them:

- genuine luxury mats + trunk mat - like new, only on driver mat you can see where I was keeping my feet, but might just need a wash

Let me know if anyone would like anything. Can drop it upto 50 miles from Hawick, otherwise only for pick up.
2.0dci Black Tekna
Coolqash View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolqash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áNová2011 at 11:03pm
Funny thing reading this about heavy clutches.

I drove a new 1.5dci Juke just for curiosity before deciding on my secondhand 1 year old QQ 1.5 diesel, but the one thing that struck me right away in the Juke was the overpowering heavy clutch, it was like puting my foot through a wall. I do not know if they are all like that, but I could not live with that one.

I made sure I test drove my secondhand QQ for nearly an hour before i was satisfied the clutch was light. Then I bought it.

I always test drive the car I buy now (new or secondhand). I would never wait weeks for delivery, and not know how it will end up driving, as if there is a 'bad feel' about the car, it is usually the owner that loses money having to give up after fighting with the dealer, and buy something else.

I am not sure if they have the same gearbox, but I sure did not like the Jukes clutch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic