UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Anyone Used CarWow for Buying?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Used CarWow for Buying?
    Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 8:15pm
Long time no see
Hi CF, G5, Frankie, Tiff, Fee and the rest of you Guys
I still I have my Beaut of my QQ+2 (Ericos loved her to, I miss our late night chats, God rest you mate)

I’m thinking of renewing and am loathed to as she still stands out from the crowd but she is coming on to being 8 years old and only 52K on the clock. (don’t think I beat Frankie on keeping his first one though?)

My mate got his Audi through CarWow and he’s very happy, got over 4K off the price and did it all over the net
I don’t know much about this so thought I’d ask if anyone has purchased this way as had good reviews.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/new-car-offers/why-buy-online/

Thinking on the 1.6 Digi Ntec any advice? Acceleration is better than my 2L+2 and fuel economy miles better!

Any advice greatfully received on Pros and Cons as Just had a quick look and wondered if it was a viable option?

Miss you Guys

Edited by Affman - 05 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 9:45pm
Not familiar with CarWow but noticed you are looking at a 4yr lease.  As warranty is only 3yrs, are you considering a maintenance contract which can cover all repairs including tyres?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 10:04pm
As said just looking into it, literally tonight as looked at the PCP options that I had originally on mine but are very expensive to 8 years ago.
I bought mine new for around £22000 put about £6000 down as deposit including PartX and paid £241 a month for 3years with 3years servicing and RAC cover.
This cost me £15000 in total with a ballon payment of £7500 (I was going to trade up but house purchased made me buy + I love the car)
This deal would cost me about £12000 from what I can see but obviously servicing would be on top and unsure about warranty haven’t looked at that...

Edited by Affman - 05 Sep 2018 at 10:19pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 10:14pm
Servicing and warranty the same as Nissan
You can purchase a service pack and extend your warranty (I managed to negotiate the service pack along with some other things when I bought my present one) but won’t obviously be able to with this deal?

Edited by Affman - 05 Sep 2018 at 10:17pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 3:38pm
Hi Stranger Big smile.

I used Carwow for my latest baby and was very pleased.

Saved about £5k and it went very smoothly.  The dealer with the second best deal was only half an hour away. The best deal was only a bit cheaper but Oooop North...!!

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 4:56pm
or
http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/New_Car.jsp?selectedManufacturer=NISSAN&selectedModel=QASHQAI+HATCHBACK&selectedVariant=1.6+DiG-T+N-Connecta+%5BGlass+Roof+Pack%5D+5dr
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:06pm
Hi G5
New some of the oldies are still about, have popped on here a few times to take a peek, but no time for the good old gossips we had now nearly 8 years ago with CF, Cowpers, Hamish, Ericos and all the others
Glad to see the cafe hasn’t been cleared and Harry Ntec still on -12 pnts....😂😂😂
Is yours PCP or Lease?
If it’s lease do you own the car ie. my name was on the reg cert under PCP?
The deal I think I was looking at said a leasing agreement so unsure.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:17pm
Remember this!...nearly 8 years ago!!
I believe the last picture was Victor Meldrew but has disappeared somewhere.....😂😂

Edited by Affman - 06 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:26pm

Happy days eh?

Not so many folk here now and not so much banter no inuendo (oooh matron).

I always go PCP. Maybe not the best but I like the low repayments and the option of buying/chopping in/walking away at the end.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm
My local dealer only offered PCP but their monthly payments were significantly higher than an alternative provider under a personal lease arrangement.  I have no interest in buying the cat outright so was only interested in leasing over 36mths.  Best offer was via What Car? website and car was delivered from Bristol all within 4 weeks. Fortunately my Tekna was available from stock. Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:36am
Yea
Remeber getting my head round it all 8 years ago with the gap insurance thing as well.
My mate said to put at least deposit down as possible (I put 6k odd down for mine with payments over 3 years of £241)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic