UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

anyone used carwow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone used carwow
    Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:47pm
just been browsing on the carwow website and was wandering if anyone has had dealings with them,
looks like some good discounts but where is the catchConfused as i am suspecting there are a few down the line.
so if anyone has had dealings with them there thoughts would be appreciated,
looking at qq tekna with a average saving of £3,000.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
I think that if you ask any dealership, they will offer similar discounts against the RRP to make a sale.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:50pm
Well - what a coincidence. I've just ordered QQ5 through Carwow and found it very good. You buy from a Nissan dealer, so you are the first owner (unlike some online sites) and no warranty or service issues as you can use any Nissan dealership for work, it doesn't have to be the one you bought from.
I saved £4420 off a Tekna+ in vivid blue, which has a list price of £30k.
Bear in mind that the discount (approx 15%) includes approx 5% finance contribution from Nissan.
There were cheaper offers but they were from Oooop Norf, so I passed.
Thoroughly recommend, not least because I get a voucher for introducing others - LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE 😉

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

I think that if you ask any dealership, they will offer similar discounts against the RRP to make a sale.

I'm sure if I took my quote around all the dealers I could squeeze a few pounds more, but life's too short IMO.

Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:33pm
My wife bought a Toyota Auris through carwow and as suggested above, it was simply a means of introducing you to an official dealer offering the best prices.

The strange thing was that she decided she wanted the boot protection pack (golf clubs and trolley!) and the dealer suggested she generated a new quote through carwow. And that was cheaper than the car without the pack (from the same dealer)! Odd. Maybe all a matter of timing and quarterly sales bonus?
Qashqai 1.6 Dig-T Tekna Nightshade
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Well - what a coincidence. I've just ordered QQ5 through Carwow and found it very good. You buy from a Nissan dealer, so you are the first owner (unlike some online sites) and no warranty or service issues as you can use any Nissan dealership for work, it doesn't have to be the one you bought from.
I saved £4420 off a Tekna+ in vivid blue, which has a list price of £30k.
Bear in mind that the discount (approx 15%) includes approx 5% finance contribution from Nissan.
There were cheaper offers but they were from Oooop Norf, so I passed.
Thoroughly recommend, not least because I get a voucher for introducing others - LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE 😉

very interesting(apart from the colourLOL).
couple of questions g5 boy.
did you p/x as i believe not every dealership does this.
also,as with a lot of qq owners our cars are in top condition will they be offering top p/x price or try and make a little profit by using the excuse of the discount already applied.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:52pm
Yes I p/x'd.
They offered less than Carwow suggested, but I am happy with the deal overall.
Like I said, you can spend your free time trapsing around trying to save a quid here or there, or you can.........

ENJOY YOURSELF 😊.

It's only money after all

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:07pm

Yes I p/x'd.
They offered less than Carwow suggested, but I am happy with the deal overall.
Like I said, you can spend your free time trapsing around trying to save a quid here or there, or you can.........

ENJOY YOURSELF 😊.

It's only money after all

-------------thanks for the info,i would not let mine go if i did not get top book price but having said that i am working on my maths,ie pcp,monthly payments etc,
at the moment they are offering 3yrs free service up until end of sept so i believe.
just one more question,probably exchanging in about 3 months time but will keep on the website and see what is going on,can you still negotiate a few extras when the time comes.
love to screw a car dealerLOL
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
Negotiate away matey - I can up to a point, then I get 'haggle fatigue'.

Edited by G5 BOY - 15 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:26pm
had my first dealings with carwow and have to say a little dissapointed.
nice to be able to contact dealer by email etc,but feel slightly agrieved with the p/x figure.
poor condition £13,881
average £14,724
good £15,500
offered £14,000
as like others on this site my car is imaculate so was looking somewhere near to top price,
i have only been offered just over poor conditionAngry.
ok,you are getting decent discount,but it looks like giving it to you in one hand and taking it out of the other.
as there is no urgency for me will probably give it another go in a months time and see what happens then.
time will tell
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:48pm
The 'values' you see online are only a guide IMO. Bottom line is you can only get what you get I'm afraid.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:12pm

The 'values' you see online are only a guide IMO. Bottom line is you can only get what you get I'm afraid.
yes i agree,but the guides are what dealers go by(all dealerships).
ex,last two qq that i p/x went up for sale at £2000 more than what i got,then reduced by £500,then presume sold = £1,500 profit.
today offered poor condition value £14,000,re sell at £17,000 = £3,000 profit.
what i am trying to say is dealers go by book prices but why have poor,ave,good when they dont adhere to them,ie just offer poor price.hope you get my meaning.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:49am
Indeed I do, but any business (including mine) seeks to maximise profit and any salesman seeks to maximise earnings. My p/x offer was lower than online suggestions, but higher than another I had. You have to weigh up the two costs, not like one but not the other. An offer is just that, no obligation. Shop around, but it's not Carwow's fault - I was impressed how easy it was to use and love that in their ad she sits on a vivid blue seat 😊.

Edited by G5 BOY - 18 Aug 2017 at 5:50am
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:01am
Another thing to bear in mind (not that I love car dealers, but having my own business) the difference between what they buy from you and sell at is not profit. Profit is that after deductions for fixing anything that needs doing, valeting, marketing and sales costs, premises costs including insurances etc, staffing costs and the fact that your car may be sitting around for a while before it sells, depreciating by the day. Then after all that they have to pay VAT and tax on anything they end up with.
Feeling sorry for them yet?
No - me neither 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic