Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai 2014 - > Qashqai 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Are Nissan being anti-competitive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Archer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Nissan being anti-competitive?
    Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 11:23am

During a recent service at my local Nissan Dealer I was advised that my rear pads are 80-85% worn and the discs are pitted.

My vehicle (ĺ14 Qashqai fitted with Electronic Parking Brake) is now out of warranty so I purchased a set of Mintex Discs and Pads.  I contacted a local independent garage to arrange to have these fitted.  When I took the vehicle to have the work done it was discovered that although they have the diagnostic tester  to wind back the callipers they donĺt have the relevant software from Nissan. 

Further enquiries lead me to believe that Nissan have not released the software.  This means that if the rear pads and/or discs require replacement and the vehicle has an Electronic Parking Brake, then as things stand this work can only be undertaken by a Nissan Dealer.

What I want to know is Nissan being anti-competitive by not releasing software to enable independent garages to rewind the rear EPB. The warranty for lots of members with ĺ14 models is now coming to an end so is it fair that if any work is needed to be undertaken on the EPB it can only be undertaken by a Nissan dealer?

Why should we be forced to use a Main Dealership?  I would like to know members feelings about this and I would also like suggestions on how I could proceed to make a case against Nissan.

Of course, I would be more than interested to know if any member knows of an independent that  actually has the relevant software.

2014 Tekna 1.6dCi CVT Metallic Bronze - Took delivery 9th July
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 7:54pm
 https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_FXNT415.html

This  is compatible for 2012/13 models so no doubt someone will have a tool with updated software.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Green Archer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Archer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_FXNT415.html

This  is compatible for 2012/13 models so no doubt someone will have a tool with updated software.

Nissan are not even listed.

I have contacted the suppliers directly and this is the reply I received - Unfortunately, I don't have anything in my range that will cover EPB resets for Nissans. Seems to be an odd ball for coverage on these.
Green Archer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Archer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2017 at 1:28pm
UPDATE

i have today found an independent workshop able to replace rear discs and pads and reset EPB.
The equipment used is a Bosch KTS 2016 diagnostic tester.

It was demonstarated to me plugged into my QQ.  All looks good so the work is scheduled to be undertaken on Tuesday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic