UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Arm Rests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna
PICTURE PERFECT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick.argyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arm Rests
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:30am
Hi, can any of you clever guys tell me how I can stop the arm rest moving.
2011. 1.5 dci n-tec caffe latte.
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:31am
Why would you want to?
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
dick.argyle View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
PICTURE PERFECT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick.argyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:34am
When moved to the forward position ( then while driving and using hand brake it goes back to it's back position ) or  just normal driving it seems to move backwards.

Edited by dick.argyle - 19 Jul 2011 at 11:37am
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by dick.argyle dick.argyle wrote:

Hi, can any of you clever guys tell me how I can stop the arm rest moving.
Arm rest?!
Grey (Faded Denim), 1.5dCi 57 Acenta - whose name is Jeeves because he is tall, strong and bally well informed, with a bit of a cheeky edge ;-)
Tekna
Tekna
PICTURE PERFECT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick.argyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:16pm
Thing in the middle by the hand brake
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:20pm
I have to pull mine forward if I want to use it...its quite stiff so doesnt move..maybe needs tighten up...
Tekna
Tekna
PICTURE PERFECT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dick.argyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:21pm
Thanks HarryN-TEC. Will try this.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:22pm
Thumbs Up 
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:37pm
Can anyone tell me why it needs to slide anyway? Confused

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:45pm
Suppose when your on a long run you can rest your elbow on it...but can get in the way of the hand brake when you need to use it...so its slids back and forward...
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:52pm
I wish I could reach my armrest Cry
I don't class myself as particularly small (5ft 6) or short of leg but when my seat is positioned for driving the armrest is totally useless to me, even when fully forwards (thus rendering cupholder unusable) Cry
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:42pm
what nissan need to do is have fold down arm rests attached to the side of the front seats..like i have on my c4. That way they are always in the right place no matter where your seat is....

Edited by hamish - 19 Jul 2011 at 2:44pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 3:38pm
good idea hamish.. i dont like the look of them though...

reminds me of those "day vans" with the spinning front "captains" seats..

dont really use the arm rest.... not positioned where you can use both that and reach the steering wheel... remember its illegal to drive with one hand.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

I have to pull mine forward if I want to use it...its quite stiff so doesnt move..maybe needs tighten up...

........do I need to adda comment?....
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 9:52pm
...errr...

No

LOL
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by dick.argyle dick.argyle wrote:

Thing in the middle by the hand brake
Yeah, I guessed where it was... kinda makes sense to be there really! Tongue 

My sister has a Lexus 350 RX - it has a foldy-downy* arm rest which is what I thought you guys were talking about. But if you mean the solid one that's fills the gap behind the handbrake and drinks holders, then I have that - but I'm too short to use it Cry

(*I could have used the word raisable, but I figured foldy-downy sounded like more fun!).

Edit: Oh, and looking at Gemma's comment above - I can't adjust the position of my arm rest. So maybe the newer ones are different after all.

Edited by Kitty - 20 Jul 2011 at 10:05am
Grey (Faded Denim), 1.5dCi 57 Acenta - whose name is Jeeves because he is tall, strong and bally well informed, with a bit of a cheeky edge ;-)
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:38am
Are you sure you can't slide yours forwards and backwards, Kitty?
My QQ is also pre-facelift and it slides Ermm
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:47am
Erm ... I confess I haven't actually tried moving it Embarrassed but it just seemed to be fixed so I just never bothered even trying. The top lifts up to reveal a large storage pocket for CDs, etc. which is why I thought it was fixed.
Hmm, methinks I'm going to have to try it later...
Thanks Gemma, I'll let you know! Smile

Tekna
Tekna
PICTURE PERFECT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick.argyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:48am
I hope you are talking about the arm rests Gemma.!!!!!!!!!!!
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:02am
If you're little you still might find it unusable, as I do Unhappy Us poor girlies!

And Dick...Stern Smile LOL
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:51am
I'm only 5'2" Cry

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

........do I need to adda comment?....

LOL dont think you need too LOL
Lyric View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Loony Lyric

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty wrote:

I'm only 5'2" Cry

But Kitty.... All good things come in small packages Big smile

Like Dynamite and arsnic LOL
2011 Qashqai + 2 N-TEC 1.5 dci in Nightshade

Remember, you dont have to be able to run faster than the bear....Just faster than the slowest person the bear is chasing!!!
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Gemma Gemma wrote:

If you're little you still might find it unusable, as I do Unhappy Us poor girlies!

And Dick...Stern Smile LOL
+..... and Gadget......
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty wrote:

I'm only 5'2" Cry

And nothing wrong with that.....
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:59pm
Besides, mine stays towards the back so I can get me bevvies in the holders!!
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:32am
Wheeee Gemma, I have a sliding arm rest! Big smile

Unfortunately I am officially too short to use it Cry

Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:42am
Woo! Big smile

Boo! Cry

Rubbish, isn't it?!
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:53am
Yeah, just a tad...

These vehicles - as lovely as they are - were obviously not designed for little women Unhappy

Edit - correction: little people. Just being PC, and all that.

Edited by Kitty - 21 Jul 2011 at 9:54am
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:56am
Another useless assessory....LOL
Im not tall either 5ft 5 1/2" but on a long run with cruise control on find it quite restfull...Tongue 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:01am
hahaha... you know your short when you start counting the half inches
5ft 5 1/2"
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:06am
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

hahaha... you know your short when you start counting the half inches
5ft 5 1/2"

Hey, half an inch makes all the difference! Tongue

The weird thing is: I have actually shrunk - I don't know how! Confused

About 18 months ago I was actually 5ft 3˝ ...
Maybe I shrunk in the wash. That's the only explanation I can think of. I'm not a grandma (have you noticed that grandmas always seem to shrink - so cute but what's all that about?!). I'm sure my mum shrank when she became a grandma to my sister's children. I haven't grown taller that's for sure!

Off topic. Oops Embarrassed

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:08am
It all counts...thats in my stocking soles...Big smile
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:17am
harry's really only 5ft 2 1/2" but he wears 3" stilletos to make up the difference..
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:26am
Does that mean you can't use the armrest either, Harry?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic