Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto driver window losing setting??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pudders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto driver window losing setting??
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:56am
As you can see from my other posts I am playing with the QQ and finding things that don't seem right.... lol

This time it's to do with the drivers auto window setting.  I hope this makes some sense!! lol

I have set the window to operate as auto up/down when button is pressed all the way down and all the way up.  I realise that you can stop the window on the single click and can operate it manually but I have had, on a couple of occassions, had it where the auto down/up has lost it's autoness setting (if that makes sense - lol ).  The button just allowing me to manually control the window up/down!  

Also... a couple of times I have had it where I pressed the window to go down on auto... and the window went all the way down and then all the way back up and stopped a quarter open!!

Is this a feature?? 
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:59am
To reset the Auto Window - IIRC you have to put the window down all the way manually holding the switch, and when it gets to the fully open position, you hold the switch for a further 10 seconds.
Then the same on the closing - hold the switch in the up position to close it manually and when it gets to the top, hold the switch again for a further 10 seconds - DO NOT LET GO OFF THE SWITCH DURING THE PROCESS
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:00pm
Mine as never worked on auto from new not that it bothers me never use it only to get damp off window in a morning .

w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

To reset the Auto Window - IIRC you have to put the window down all the way manually holding the switch, and when it gets to the fully open position, you hold the switch for a further 10 seconds.
Then the same on the closing - hold the switch in the up position to close it manually and when it gets to the top, hold the switch again for a further 10 seconds - DO NOT LET GO OFF THE SWITCH DURING THE PROCESS
start with fully open window then hold the up button down until it closes and then a further 10 seconds then straight back down and keep holding for 10 seconds after fully open then back up to fully closed holding for 10 seconds and then its done  Thumbs Up
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:01pm
I find i dont have to Lower it...what ever position its in just pull up on the switch and keep it up when closed for a Couple of Secs..Do it quite regular....Thumbs Up
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Pudders View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pudders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

Thanks - I know how to reset it but it's like it loses the settings sometimes!!!  Why would it do this?
Pudders View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pudders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

I find i dont have to Lower it...what ever position its in just pull up on the switch and keep it up when closed for a Couple of Secs..Do it quite regular....Thumbs Up

Thanks Affers but you shouldn't have to do this!  It should keep the setting.  On my old vauxhall I had this feature and only ever had to do this once when I replaced a new battery! 
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Pudders Pudders wrote:

Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

Thanks Affers but you shouldn't have to do this!  It should keep the setting.  On my old vauxhall I had this feature and only ever had to do this once when I replaced a new battery! 
I have had to do it about 3 times since getting my n-tec last sep 2011

My 58 plate accenta I only had to ddo it once in the three years I had it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic