Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto gearbox Oil change?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto gearbox Oil change?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:23pm
I have a 2010 Qashqai+2  with the 2 litre diesel engine and automatic gearbox. Its the torque convertor gearbox, NOT the CVT type. I've had the car for several years now, and as its reached 100,000 miles on the clock, I was wondering if the automatic gearbox needs its oil changing? My independant garage cannot find any information about this question from any of its usual sources, so I wondered if any forum members could shed light on this gearbox? My garage told me they could find no drain plug for the gearbox, and a call to a local Nissan dealer hasn't been replied to yet.  I have no problems with the gearbox, but in view of the cars mileage, wondered if an oil change would benefit its overall health?  Any ideas guys.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm
I just checked the manual... there is no mention of any intervals for changing the oil in the automatic gearbox. I'd think it's a "check and change when necessary" thing...

Edited by Udo2009 - 11 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 6:12pm
Bunce View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:21pm
Thanks for the reply, however I can still not find any information , such as HOW do you check and change the auto transmission oil, or even if it can be done? There is no dipstick for the automatic gearbox, and my mechanic can find no drain plug. I emailed Nissan Technical services, but that was about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Firstly they say contact your local Nissan Dealer. This I did, and got no reply. They also included a copy of the service schedule for my model, telling me how to change the ENGINE oil! Didn't even read what I asked correctly! So I'm no further forward, maybe I'll trawl the internet for a good automatic transmission company to ask. Any more ideas folks?
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 1:12pm
Try this link, it starts with Manual Gearbox oil, but scroll down far enough and it starts on about Automatic Gearbox.

Bunce View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
Thanks for the replies guys. I had a reply from Nissan that said "take your vehicle to your local Nissan Dealer." Thanks technical help, thats a brilliant reply! I've since found a couple of Companies local to me in Norfolk that do Automatic gearbox flushes with a special machine, so I'll probably get a quote from them. Thanks for your advice though.
https://www.strservicecentre.co.uk/gearbox-fluid-flush/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic