Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Auto open close mirror kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto open close mirror kit
    Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 11:55am
Well I now have my auto open / close window kit from Aces and hoping to fit it this bank holiday Monday. I've watched the video and my only concern is the trim removal (bought necessary tools), as have had bad experiences before with plastic trim and clips. So any further tips would be great.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 12:09pm
Be brave . I've installed two kits on my previous QQ's without problems.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
engineer66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 12:15pm
Thanks Sandman, I'll post how it goes tomorrow Thumbs Up
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 8:34pm
Yeah don't be worried. My first job was fitting a tow bar. Bumper, Arch trims, Rear seats, boot interior all out... you learn a lot about a car by getting your hands dirty Thumbs Up
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 9:59pm
I had this worry when I did mine.
I did mine tool less,the switch pack needs a bit more force as it's padded,to pop it out.
And the trim on the door opening is tackled from the back to the front.
My only advice is to add a small cable tie across each scotch lock connector (just to 100% stop them ever popping open) and test the mirrors before you replace any trim.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMayá2015 at 10:11pm
I fitted the same kit, Scotch locks are sh!#, if you can, solder the connections. Much better and safer. Then just electrical tape over the solder.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 1:02pm
Thanks to all for their different tips. Install now done and working so very happy with first QQ modification. Time to start thinking about what to plan next.Thumbs Up
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 1:41pm
Nice one.
Great bit of kit isn't it,I love the way they confirm that the car is locked or unlocked.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 1:46pm
Thanks Bryan, they do seem much better with this mod fitted and confirming door locking. It looks like you have the same year and model Tekna as me with the 1.6 dci engine and I wondered if you had sourced a workshop manual for your including engine?Smile
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 2:23pm
No to be honest.
Other than the engine I imagine the car is the same (cabin trim,electronics etc) as the more common 1.5 dci.
I would hope our engines aren't going to give trouble anytime soon,so I haven't looked for a Haynes yet.
I have replaced all my discs and pads 'blind' so far.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engineer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 2:28pm
Thanks for the prompt response Bryan3 and I hope you're right about our engines. I have done quite a search and all of the current Haynes manuals state "not including 1.6 diesel engine". I will keep looking and if I have any success I will post what I find.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2015 at 3:33pm
I guess for the engine,you could go renualt as it is, as far as I know a renualt Base breathed on alittle by nissan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic