Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

auto window close kit fitted this evening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: auto window close kit fitted this evening
    Posted: 28áSepá2015 at 7:14pm
Hi guys
Tina asked what I would like as a 20th marriage anniversary gift?

I asked for the auto closing window kit for our 2103 j10 tekna

It came today so as I got home at 6pm I thought I would have a butchers
Well what do you know......40 mins later it's all fitted and working.

Not sure if the kits have changed but mine came with an override switch that means you can a window ajar should you wish to and the box comes with 2 fixing holes so it's fixed to the door panel by self tapping screws.

Anyway,what a fantastic bit of kit if like me you drive with the window ajar to get some fresh air,but are daft/old enough to forget to raise it before you turn the ignition off(and the tekna keyless ignition is a bit of a faff with a button and brake to be pushed.

So that's the auto mirror kit and auto window kit fitted,so it's now how it should have been when built.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2015 at 1:22am

Worth it just know the car is lockedThumbs Up
BTW is the 2103 model a lot different from the current 1?Wink
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2015 at 5:46am
I must get a window kit. Twice now the passenger window has been left open and it peed down
1.2 DIG-T Tekna storm white...
AKA x x x x " Tek-Kong " x x x x
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2015 at 7:19am
I thought the j11 had the comfort close from the factory? Obviously I am wrong (again)

Seems a bit mean,you get cameras to help you Park,or a button to let the car steer into a space,another camera scanning road signs and blind spots,all helping to avoid hitting things and lowering the insurance rating of the j11,and then they go and allow the car to be parked up and locked with the windows wide open
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2015 at 7:44am
I know it's quite appalling, Bryan . Would only cost them a few extra pence to add.
I don't use half the stuff they have added, but self closing Windows I would love.

Edited by Tiffany - 29áSepá2015 at 7:48am
1.2 DIG-T Tekna storm white...
AKA x x x x " Tek-Kong " x x x x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic