Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Autoglym bodywork, wheels and interior kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autoglym bodywork, wheels and interior kit
    Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 2:03pm
Hi all,

Recently bought the above mentioned kit to start taking care of my recently purchased +2.

Now this might seem like a silly question but what do I use and when? Can all the contents be used at the same time one after the other or do some things get used one wash and others on the next?

Here's what comes with it for the body work

Bodywork - 325ml Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, 325ml Super Resin Polish - Four time winner of Detailing World's Polish of the Year award and 325ml Extra Gloss Protection

My query was mainly with the resin polish and the extra gloss protection... What one do I use first and when - it has the directions of use but doesn't say when to use or in what order.

Thanks for your help all
Dark_cobra View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 2:14pm
Wash with the shampoo. Pat dry with nice fluffy towel try to avoid scratching. Next stage is the srp. Its a Polish with cutting and filling properties. Cutting removes surface contamination and paint oxidisation. Should make the paint noticeably smoother and cover some very minor swirl marks etc. Using it creates a bit of dust though so make sure you remove again with microfibre cloth. Final step is the extra gloss protection. Its a sealant. Adds a protective layer to the paintwork. You'll see the results of this when it rains and you have tiny beads of water sitting on top of the paintwork. This should sheet off when you drive off. Decent products autoglym.
2017 1.6 Dig-t Tekna. Black. Pan Roof. Protection Pack
Pedronev85 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 4:16pm
Thanks for your reply, very helpful 😊

So does the EGP act as a wax or do I still need to do that after?

Gave the car a shampoo last week, dried it then used the SRP and must say the car looks great (apart from the scratches and stone chips that still remain) very very happy with the kit and a week on the car still looks great 😊

Edited by Pedronev85 - 12áAprá2017 at 4:16pm
Dark_cobra View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark_cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 7:17pm
EGP is like a wax yes. Its a last stage product (LSP) gives a different finish to a wax. Personal preference which you like. Have a search on google for wax vs sealant and I'm sure you'll find plenty bedtime reading!
2017 1.6 Dig-t Tekna. Black. Pan Roof. Protection Pack
Pedronev85 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 7:23pm
I'll have a Google on it later if the kids are good and go to bed when they're told... which is unlikely lol.

I was going to purchase the aqua wax but seems pointless when I have a form of wax in the EGO. Will certainly give it a go when I next clean the car, poss next weekend! May have to get the electric polished out though.. my arms killed after cleaning it last week and that was with only having to apply and buff once 🤣🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic