UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - autolock after 30 seconds even if door is opened
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

autolock after 30 seconds even if door is opened

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: autolock after 30 seconds even if door is opened
    Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 6:36pm
Please can someone help me understand if the car has a fault or I'm doing something wrong.
2014 tekna

If I unlock the car but only open the boot or one of the back doors the car is auto locking after 30 seconds. (This is regardless of whether the door is left open or closed. This in turn is causing the alarm to go off !!

My understanding from reading the manual is the autolock function should only kick in if the car I unlocked but no doors are opened within the 30 seconds. So do I have a fault?

It takes me a lot longer Than 30 seconds to get kids in back seats and bags in boot so the alarm is forecer going off. !

Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAugá2017 at 8:09pm
Anyone please??
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAugá2017 at 8:41pm
Sorry you haven't had a response. I've not come across this and maybe no one else has.

Sounds wrong. Is your car under warranty?

QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAugá2017 at 8:57pm
Yes. Due a service at the end of sept so maybe I'll just wait until then.

I've only just bought it and I'm sure it didn't do it until I changed a battery in the spare key fob so wondering if that's related somehow...
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAugá2017 at 9:04pm
I'd just open one of the front doors a crack...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áAugá2017 at 7:05am
That's what I'm having to do in the meantime but it's a pain if I just need to load the boot or something
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áAugá2017 at 6:35pm
Umm... 99 % of the time I load something into the boot or onto the rear seats I also enter the car and drive off... well, anyway, you'll probably have to ask the guys in the garage, whether this is a proper behaviour for your Qashqai ....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áAugá2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

Umm... 99 % of the time I load something into the boot or onto the rear seats I also enter the car and drive off... well, anyway, you'll probably have to ask the guys in the garage, whether this is a proper behaviour for your Qashqai ....

The OP said after 30 seconds.  I'm sure I've been to the car boot with a trolley full of shopping and probably spent much longer than 30 seconds loading up.  Never noticed it auto-lock before.

How are you unlocking the car?  With the button on the keyfob, or keyless with the key in your pocket and pressing the button on the boot?  It could make a difference.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 35 minutes ago at 11:25am
I think it's happening with both ways of unlocking but need to check that. Manual days auto lock should only kick in if no door is open. I'm guessing a sensor has gone or something!

Also my aircon is taking ages to cool and is much cooler on the passenger vents than the drivers sofe????
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 3 minutes ago at 4:57pm
It has a fault
I often just click the boot catch on my 2011 one and that stops the auto lock....👍
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic