UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > Peçe Otomotiv Supplier of Flip Keys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Aw flip key conversion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aw flip key conversion?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 5:39pm
Hi all,

I have owned a a 1.5 360 for around 3 weeks. It is 63 plate but hate that such a modern car doesn't have a flip key.
I have seen on the forum a few years back there was a group buy.
What I want to know is best place to find the 1 where you swap the blade.

Adam
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:37am
Hi Adam, as the person who organised the group buy I can give you an email to contact the guy I bought them from in Turkey but I've no idea if he's still in a position to sell anymore. I think someone else tried a year or two ago and I think they bought some from him but it's worth a try but I don't think you'll get much of a discount, at the time we got them for about £34 each if I remember correctly.

Here is Cihan's email address in Turkey:

cihan@peceotomotiv.com

By the way I'm still using my flip key three years after I bought with no problems whatsoever so I'm very happy with it!

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 9:18am
thanks lee, i will email him, is there a particular name he had for this product or was it literally a flip key conversion set?
i want 2 of them so hoping they an ok price.
adam
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 1:12pm
It was just a Qashqai flip key.

Sorry Adam I forgot my manners ; Welcome to the club!

Edited by Lee'71 - 21 Feb 2016 at 1:13pm
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 1:27pm
thanks lee. i will be so pleased if he still sells them!
rob2005 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 8:39am
Adam, please could you post your findings and if this was a success?

Thanks
dr03k View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr03k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:13pm
Quite keen on this flipkey conversion kit too.

The current ones of ebay are a waste of time, literally no-one will cut your key onto the provided blank blades...
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 3:31pm
hey guys, i have established some contact, but it is hardwork.
i believe he is quoting price in dollars which is 60. but waiting for to confirm it.
afsm
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:02pm
that sounds about right  for a single one
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 1:36pm
i have hit a bit of a stumberling block, dont seem to get great comms from the guy, but i have been searching turkish websites, and seem to have found a seller, but waiting to hear back from him.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 12:08am
Keep me informed as well Adam, at least you heard back of him.  I've tried a couple of times to contact with no joy but I'm interested in getting 2 flip keys.

Thanks, Richard...
2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 2:45pm
i will keep you all updated, i have told him i wil take quite a few off his hands justv waiting for a reply.

Adam
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:37pm
Hi All,

Not sure if this will help but I got speaking to someone on a Turkish Qashqai CLub and he's heard of the Pece place but aware they are more expensive and gave me the following link;

This is the key we are after (using your own key blade) and is working out at around £22 from the Lira to GBP.  I can't read the rest of the site so unsure what they will charge for shipping but is a place to consider?

However speaking to Erden (from Turkey) he is stating that these people get them from China as we might have difficulties ordering on that link to be posted to the UK.
Add-ons
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 12:13am
hello,

i have come across this site,the problems im having is communication with seller.
im using chrome so the translation isnt a problem. he seems to reply once a week.
anothwr problem is this site you have to have some sort of turkish bank account.and even if you were to have that you then have to go through there phone numbers. which i eventually got working.

i have had an email back from this seller this evening and all he said was yes he could ship to england but would obviously cost cargo so i have asked him how much for 20 keys plus shipping.
so if people want to start addibg there names to a list so i can gather interest?

Adam
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 12:18am
Hi Adam,

The person from the Qashqai Club is adamant they get them kits from China, I've been looking over aliexpress and Alibaba but with no joy at the moment, as if we get it at source might be cheaper.
Add-ons
dr03k View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr03k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 10:04am
nah, these kits require blade to be cut, the kits from Turkey allow for the original key to be used in the housing.

I've attempted to get the ebay keys cut and nobody will touch them... but tbh you wouldn't want to risk the cheap metal snapping off in your ignition.
dr03k View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr03k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by MoogleUK MoogleUK wrote:

Hi Adam,

The person from the Qashqai Club is adamant they get them kits from China, I've been looking over aliexpress and Alibaba but with no joy at the moment, as if we get it at source might be cheaper.

This was my initial idea too, but can only find the uncut blade switchkeys...

Adam, put me on this list for 1 or 2 kits please (If you're successful!).
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 10:25am
my key and  I think most of the others come from turkey and you  screw your own blade in it it  is the model  I translated for you
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by MoogleUK MoogleUK wrote:

Hi Adam,

Yeah i understand they may well get these from china, but if you are using your key , which isnt the rubbish metal its alot less likely to snap.
the only thing that will be chinese will be the outside and the spring loaded mec, as everything else will be from the original key? such as the buttons and electrics.

Adam

Edited by adam87 - 10 Mar 2016 at 2:28pm
rob2005 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 2:30pm
This feels like a wild goose chase!!
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 3:12pm
It most certainly does! hopefully getting somewhere tho!
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:44pm
If helps, just found this link and it ships to the UK;

85 Turkish Lira each and 15 Lira for postage, two keys plus postage is 185 Lira with a conversion today from XE.com to GBP £44.70.

Used Chrome to translate the page.  Overall for a set of two I don't think thats a bad price, however if some are wanting to combine the orders can slightly save on shopping but then you'd have the cost of have to pay the person that gets them to post out to you.

Adam87, any luck on a group buy still with your other contact?

Edited by MoogleUK - 13 Mar 2016 at 9:45pm
Add-ons
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:51pm
Scratch that, just went through the ordering process and no option to make a payment :(
Add-ons
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 5:15am
hello mate, i was literally going to ask you if you could try that haha, same as my side, i thought i coukd feel the key in my hand and then it wouldnt let me pay!
No luck as yet still waiting for another reply. fingers crossed he replys soon.

Adam
dr03k View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr03k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:25am
Shame, tried this also and got to the final stage too :(
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 10:04pm
I tried saying I was in Turkey to see if any other options came up and for payment it gives bank details, so it does seem possible to order but not if we are in the UK :(
Add-ons
rob2005 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 7:13am
Right, so whos going on holiday to turkey and is going to bring back a suitcase full?!
MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 3:14pm
This is the contact I made in Turkey from where I purchased 2 flip keys which are great. Forgive me if it's the same place you've been contacting.
cihan@peceotomotiv.com
Dave R View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 3:14pm
HI there,

I have just ordered a new Qashqai and will have 2 flip keys to sell on this forum. I originally bought them from a member on this site and would love to pass on the opportunity again. The flip keys are in good condition and they make such a difference.

Also shortly there will be a boot liner for sale (not Nissan) but made for the Qashqai and a pair of Nissan Qashqai roof bars (for Qashqais without luggage rails.
dr03k View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr03k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 5:13pm

I'm definitely keen mate, interested in both, but if someone else wants one, then i wont be greedy!

Edited by dr03k - 15 Mar 2016 at 5:13pm
Dave R View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 5:56pm
How does £30 for both including postage (recorded delivery) and also 2 spare springs. I have the original box with instructions (in Turkish !) But there are colour pictures step by step. There are also instructions on YouTube which I found useful.

Payment method I haven't thought of yet.

The keys will be available from the 28th March when I change the car.

adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:47am
i would like 1 if thats ok with dr03k?
but will still try get some from matey in turkey.

Adam87

MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:10pm
I've heard back from Cihan and he's offering them at USD $55 each plus shipping and asking what I think will be fair for shipping?

I have advised there is potential to get between 6 to 10 of them, so the more we get the more likely we can ask for a discount of the shipping.  What I suggest is like what the other group buy did and was to have it shipped to one place in the UK and then that person forward on, as per my previous attempt at this I'm willing to do this as long as people understand there will be the additional cost from mine to theirs.

If I order 6 at $55 that would be $330 overall, I think I could push to have them all shipped for an additional $15 to $20 seeing as doing a bulk buy of them.  So that would make each key $58.33 and current exchange makes that £40.92 then guessing a small parcel from mine to anywhere else in the UK at £2.80, so basic rounding to make it easier is £41 plus £3 = £44 per key.

I can get these order tomorrow as I have the money available but would obviously have it on good faith that either A) people will send the money across so that I'm not at a loss to then forward on when I have them or B) wait till I have them and then I will sell to our members before any left going on eBay.

If people let me know as soon as possible as I'll look to send an email out to him tonight or first thing confirming the numbers and arranging payment.

Thanks, Richard...
Add-ons
adam87 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:30pm
amazing that he has replied to you. ill definitly have 1!!
andrew76 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 10:33pm
I'll take one, please. Thanks for sorting this out Richard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic