Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back left window not operating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back left window not operating
    Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 12:04pm
Strange thing i found out...

I do not carry people around in the back seats very often, but i open rear windows from drivers door to let some air inside without wind in my face with absolutely no issue.

Last weekend i did carry someone in the back and could not open rear left window from his switch... Checked and the back windows were NOT blocked from window lock button in my door... Right window opened with no problem from both rear door and driver door but the left one would only open/close from my door but not from the back left door!!!

How can this be?? Checked switch and it's not burned or anything...! Switched the buttons from back right to back left, didn't work either: so the buttons are ok...

This could mean that is a bad wire somewhere... But what wire? Or a bad command module or a bad connection somewhere...

Still... what battles me is why on earth driver's door command works but not the back left one?!?!?

Does anyone have any faint idea why is it happening or how to mend it???

P.S. : Left handed steering wheel Smile
2.0 dCi, Automatic, Tekna, NightShade, Starting with extras
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:46am
No one??
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:13am
Sorry again,  but from what you describe sounds like a broken connection , could you check with a voltage meter or a test lamp? - compare rear left and right as you did with the switches.
If you dont get a voltage you could follow wiring back from switch to where it meets / joins rest of car wiring loom , the fact that you can control from master switch and window does go up down does suggest a problem within door -but as I have never stripped door linning cover off to see -dont know what else to suggest.   good luck !
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 2:49pm
Went to dealer and discovered that is the auto folding mirror kit that is the cause... Either pull it out, either look at the connection and see what's wrong...
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 4:57pm
Sorted as well!

For rear window: pull plug out, switched a pin in the right place, then connect it back :)
The connector from mirror kit had a pin in the wrong slot. Just put it in the right slot :)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 5:00pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011..1.6Dig-T Tekna 2018
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:04am
Good work -glad you got it sorted out.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic