UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Back of door arm rest creaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back of door arm rest creaking
    Posted: 21†Aug†2017 at 12:48pm
A really loud complex creak when you put any weight on the back of the door arm rest. It's driving me nuts but I can't see a way of stopping it, so am just refraining from resting my arm there!Confused Anyone got any ideas please?
Tekna DCI 110 1.5 Nightshade
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21†Aug†2017 at 8:05pm
I think you need to see what the problem is by taking off the door panel, carefully prise up the window switch from the arm rest and disconnect, then on the door handle carefully lever off the end cover strip using a flat blade (maybe an inch wide) not a screwdriver, less chance of breaking it, undo the two screws then pull out the door release lever to pull off the handle. Then you can then go around the outer edge of the door panel with something like a wallpaper stripper tool with tape on so you donít scratch the paint, and carefully lever it out and lift it up and off, an odd lug may break but if youíre careful they shouldn't. Thatís why I always put grease on them before refitting,
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by carlgoss carlgoss wrote:

A really loud complex creak when you put any weight on the back of the door arm rest. It's driving me nuts but I can't see a way of stopping it, so am just refraining from resting my arm there!Confused†Anyone got any ideas please?
I did try to help you, Please have the decency to reply back whether it was helpful or not.
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2017 at 12:36pm
Spanner I did have the decency and clicked thanks button which confirmed you had been thanked.. so I did honest. It shows a '1' against the word thanks so it should have thanked you I hope. Anyway thanks again for the description of how to tackle the job. As the car is in warranty I think I'll wait till the next service though. I'm bound to break something.
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by carlgoss carlgoss wrote:

Spanner I did have the decency and clicked thanks button which confirmed you had been thanked.. so I did honest. It shows a '1' against the word thanks so it should have thanked you I hope. Anyway thanks again for the description of how to tackle the job. As the car is in warranty I think I'll wait till the next service though. I'm bound to break something.
Sorry I missed that, but it would still be nice to see if what Iíve suggested was of any use.
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2017 at 12:52pm
I agree I should have written a reply as well...  If the dealer doesn't sort it, I'll give your detailed help. a go. Cheers again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic