UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Battery discharging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery discharging
    Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 3:19pm
Hi, has anyone else had a problem with their battery going flat on a long drive? Only had the car, 1.6 dci Qashqai 2013, for five weeks and the first time I went on a long trip, I parked at services for 10 minutes and when I got back to it, the battery was flat. Jumped it and drove another 150 miles and when I tried to start it having left it about half an hour, the battery was flat again. Jumped it again and ran it for 10 minutes then left it overnight and in the morning it started fine. Used it on short hops for the weekend and it was fine, started in the morning OK then drove home on the Monday, about 250 miles, and when I got home I tried to start it after 10 minutes and the battery was flat again! No warning/charging light came on at any time and I can leave it overnight and it starts fine as long as I don't drive it for more than about an hour. Weird huh?
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 4:17pm
If it's the original battery from 2013 it's probably just dead, especially if you've only just got the car - was it sat unused for a while whilst on sale?  Halfords can connect a battery tester to it for free and give you the result. 

WarrantyWise say this on their page..
After three years, it's normally time to install a replacement. After four or five years, most car batteries will be almost completely unreliable

3 of my last 4 secondhand cars I've had to buy a new battery within weeks, weeks on a garage forecourt just seems to kill them!

Presumably still under warranty if you've only had it for 5 weeks, get them to replace the battery.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic