UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Battery for 2012 QQ+2 Tekna Stop Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery for 2012 QQ+2 Tekna Stop Start
    Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 4:52pm
Hi. Hoping someone can help.

About 2 weeks ago my 2012 QQ+2 Tekna did a strange thing with all the needles on the dashboard flickering for about 20 seconds. I got it turn over but all the settings reset themselves. 

Then a couple of days ago it wouldn't start. I called out Green Flag and the recovery man said the battery was an 030 EFB and needed replacing. He made a few calls and said he could get it and it would take him a couple of hours to collect a battery and fit at a cost of £200, which at the time I wasn't able to wait for, so I went to Halfords, who on the phone said they had one for £120.

Got to Halfords and they said they have never seen a battery like this before and that none of their stores stock it.

Today I took it to a local garage and they have ordered the battery from Nissan and it will cost me £145 fitted. It arrives tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm exactly what battery I need and that it is a very rare battery? I'm concerned that the garage may not be getting the right battery or that the quality may be rubbish, as Nissan also quoted me £200.

Thanks in advance.
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 5:43pm
What engine?
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 5:45pm
If its the 1.6 dci

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KNQPLB4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 5:47pm
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 5:48pm
That's the like for like replacement for a 1.6 dci qashqai+2
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 5:58pm
Ask the garage to change it. Mine went the same way at New Year. I had it changed foc the next day. Another owner turned up with the same issue while was there. It's a known problem by Nissan and rather than do a recall they decided to replace as and when the problem presented itself.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 6:55pm
Nissan can be competitive for replacement batteries - try another dealer.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07
TEMAS View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 11:19pm
Hi many thanks for the responses. Been out all evening.

The engine is 1.6 petrol.
TEMAS View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEMAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2019 at 11:28pm
Hopefully the garage have ordered the right one. I was concerned they might have got it wrong as the price was significantly lower than Nissan and Green Flag quoted me.

I also found it weird that when I typed my reg number into any of the many auto parts websites I couldnít find a Stop Start battery or EFB 030 (if thatís even correct) and that Halfords donít stock it.

Anyway, fingers crossed the local garage is legit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic