Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Bee sting/Sark fin ariel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bee sting/Sark fin ariel
    Posted: 24áFebá2015 at 7:23pm
Hi,

I'm making loads of "little" improvements to our new QQ.

I have just read all the reasons for having the ugly ariel that lets the QQ down, and yes, 41cm is the recommended length, but it looks ridiculous! In fact on our +2 I think it could actually be knocked off on car park entrance height thingy's!

I have ordered a beesting (genuine Nissan) which will improve the look, and there is a Shark fin available (non Nissan).... has anybody replaced theirs?

Even my 10 year old Subaru Legacy doesn't have a surface mount ariel..... in fact I can't remember having an ariel for years now!! I wonder if its needed? 

I will find out when I put the beesting one on... (same as the Jukes) and report back on how it effects the signal.

Anyone changed theirs? Or knocked theirs off? 

2012 1.6 DCI Tekna +2 Mineral Grey.
Styling plate, Aces folding mirror kit, 2015 gear knob, mud flaps, Bee sting antenna, LED sidelights, club sticker :) more mods to come...
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2015 at 7:47pm
Tried a stubby aerial on my QQ and although it looks okay, the signal has been affected, losing stations much earlier than with the standard version. I also have the Nismo "carbon" version and although it states that it is black with carbon, the black has turned a silvery colour and the "carbon" segment snapped off whilst fitting it. It was superglued back on and other than an altercation with a very rough car wash brush has remained intact.
I too fancy a shark fin but from looking at the offerings on the online auction site they look pretty "iffy" and I have serious doubts about their reception abilities. I stand to be corrected though.
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
twocues View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2015 at 10:02pm
Thanks for the reply..... I agree with the shark fin offerings...

The stubby doesn't sound promising

Do you have a link to the nismo one? I will have a look now..... is the reception as good with that one?

Thanks.
Styling plate, Aces folding mirror kit, 2015 gear knob, mud flaps, Bee sting antenna, LED sidelights, club sticker :) more mods to come...
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áFebá2015 at 9:42am
Try the online auction site for Nismo products. Just be aware, it is approx 2" of metal, with 3" or so of "carbon" tube topped off by a further 1" of metal, none of which screams "good for reception " really. It might be wise going with the Juke version to be honest.
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
twocues View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áFebá2015 at 1:22pm
Just to update the thread in case others are interested the antenna arrived today.. part no... 28215-1fcoa

Its tiny! 18cm long..... thats 24cm shorter than the one thats on there!

I'll report back on how it effect the signal if at all. 

MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áFebá2015 at 2:07pm
I replaced mine with a small (approx.5/6" long) aerial from Halfords. Cost about a fiver. Works perfectly on FM/AM I don't have DAB so cant comment on that. Oh! and it looks good too.

Mike
oldmanyoung View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 4:01pm
My shark fin arial from VG has finally arrived. It looks great, and reception is no different. I was umming and arring between the VG and OEM NISSAN shark fin. Glad I went the VG route! I'll put some pics up when I can.
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAprá2015 at 4:38pm
looking forward to your shark fin piccs oldmanyoung, sounds good not impressed with the various stubbies i have tried... 

2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
twocues View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAprá2015 at 5:37pm
My stubby from Nissan is perfect. No difference in signal to the oem longer ariel at all.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 9:21pm
Can anyone advise that when replacing with the stuby aerial if this will have an impact on the SatNav of the Connect?  When looking at the official Nissan stubby this eBay listing states it will not work with the SatNav;

I'm tempted to get one as I do think the original is too big and looks out of place.

Thanks, Richard...
2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 9:36pm
I changed mine for a stubby couple weeks back all is working fine.
The sat nav has it's own gps point.
Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 9:39pm
That's what I thought Phil but then when it states that it gets you to think.

I guess at the end of the day, it it fails not a big loss of money and will always have the original to put back.

Thanks, Richard...
Add-ons
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 10:51pm
Yea i know what you are saying.
I thought the same till I looked around a few places, and thought give it a go like.
Bought a black carbon bee sting stubby 4.7" and have not had any issues so far
Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 10:53pm
Thanks again Phil, do you have a link of the one you got?
Add-ons
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJuná2015 at 11:32pm
Its not really a QQ specific ariel, its a generic one.it will be listed with different car makes some of which may use the ariel for  sat nav so its just an across the board warning in case your particular car is one of  those.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic