UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

big decision...help needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thevilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: big decision...help needed please
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:13pm
Hi folks...getting the new qashqai .. probably ordering this week through motability....here lies the problem.

i had originally picked out the old model diesel n connecta with glass roof....which had an advanced payment of £649....plus colour...which was fine....

i really want the glass roof, but its not an option on motability for the new version...£849 advance payment + £450 for the glass roof pack + colour .. which brings it in at £1299 + colour......however..

the 1.2 petrol tekna + comes in at £1799 + colour  (no option for diesel  tekna +)...so

should i go for the tekna plus in petrol or connecta diesel with comfort pack...

is the 1.2 petrol engine ok?

thanks for any help guys...and gals

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:19pm
QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
Craig Broadbent View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Broadbent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:01pm
I couldn't really understand the options you are considering.  I have a 1.2 engine and I must say low speed pickup (before turbo) is poor.  I live in Milton Keynes and the roundabouts require swift entries.
Then you have to rev and the fuel economy is poor.  Typical low official figures to get low tax bracket but really poor real fuel economy.
Craig
Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
thevilla1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thevilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm

thanks for the reply....i basically have to choose between a 1.5 diesel connecta...or a 1.2 petrol tekna +

is the sacrifice in speed worth all that extra kit..
Craig Broadbent View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Broadbent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:22pm
I am not too sure of all the specification differences connecta versus techna, but in basic terms you have a more expensive engine diesel vs petrol, against a higher spec Teckna vs connecta.  
Diesel is getting a lot of bad press of late and I would worry about resale values, but fuel economy is vastly better than petrol, so if you are doing more than 10,000 miles a year and mainly long journeys then diesel is the way to go.
Glass roof is nice especially in the winter.
Craig
Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
I used to have the 1.5. Then the 1.2 dig t. Both good, but loved the 1.2 Tekna

Edited by Tiffany - 18 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
I have the 1.6dCi N-tec+ (older version of N-Connecta with a pano roof) and I rarely use the glass roof. When open it makes the sat nav screen hard to read in sunlight and increases road noise. Comfort pack wasn't offered back in 2015 so I'd be inclined to get the diesel with those goodies and not worry about the glass roof. It's a Motability vehicle so you don't have to worry about depreciation or mileage. The 1.2 is a good engine - I test drove one when trying out the QQ - but it's thirsty.
thevilla1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thevilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:24pm
thanks for everyones input... as noted its motability so i dont care about resale value..just annoying that the connecta with glass roof was £649 advance payment pre face lift...and the new one comes in at £1299...
the glass roof is a must for me....much more important than leather electric seats...could someone let me know what the standard stereo is like...i would have liked the bose :)  but not available on the connecta

cheers folks

p.s  im now retired...(early) 52... so i play i doing some weekend trips with the mrs.....so diesel would be better in the long run i think

thevilla1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thevilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:28pm
i`ll quickly show you my dilemma  ... i originally wants the connecta + glass roof in diesel...but because of new prices the petrol tekna+ is only £500 more...

here a list of extra on the tekna+

IN ADDITION TO N-CONNECTA

SAFETY AND SECURITY

• Safety Shield Plus:

- Intelligent Driver Alert

- Blind Spot Warning

- Rear Cross Traffic Alert

- Moving Object Detection

• Intelligent Park Assis

EXTERIOR

• 19’’ Diamond Cut Alloy wheels

VENTILATION AND VISIBILITY

• LED headlights with Adaptive Front

Lighting System

• LED Signature Daytime Running

Lights with Directional indicator

• Automatic Headlight Levelling

System

CONVENIENCE

• Front heated seats

• ThermaClear heated windscreen

AUDIO AND NAVIGATION

• Premium Bose® Audio System

• 8 Bose® Speakers: 2 Tweeters, 4 high

and medium frequency door

speakers

• 7.7-litre dual driver subwoofer

• Digital Amplifier

INTERIOR STYLING

• Black Nappa Leather trim with 3D

quilting**

• Monoform sports seats

• Electrically adjustable driver seat

with memory function

• Electrically adjustable 4-way lumbar

support on driver seat

• Electrically adjustable passenger

seat with manual lumbar support

so basically all that if i have a petrol...or a nicely spec`d connecta in diesel :) tough choice

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:45pm
just out of interest as you come from my area which dealership are you using.
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
thevilla1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thevilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by renault1 renault1 wrote:

just out of interest as you come from my area which dealership are you using.

West Way Nissan Stourbridge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic