UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Blower Motor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower Motor
    Posted: 08†Aug†2018 at 9:59pm
Hi All,

The blower on my Qashqai has given up the ghost. It stopped a few days ago but came back on after about 15 minutes driving but only at very low power even when turned up full. Then randomly when I turned hard right it would go full speed then go slow when I steered normally. After that, it has stopped working totally.

I have checked the fuses, all good.
I have changed the blower motor resistor and no change.
I have also removed the motor and cleaned out some carbon residue, but no change.
I wouldnít have thought the pollen filter would cause these issues so havenít changed it yet.

Next step I think is replacing the motor itself but before I splash out on some more spare bits, does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,

Tommo

J10 1.6 diesel 2010

Tommo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09†Aug†2018 at 3:55pm
Just to add, the servos for the air flaps all operate correctly and the relay clicks in when the air is turned on and off.

Do you know what voltage the motor operates at so I can check the supplies are correct. Iím assuming 12v?
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10†Aug†2018 at 7:18am
I would connect the motor direct to the battery, then you'll know one way or the other if its dead.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic