UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Bluetooth Audio Streaming issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFishyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth Audio Streaming issues
    Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:41pm
Hi,

I've got a brand spanking new NTEC+ with the Nissan Connect system.  I'm loving it apart from some really annoying niggly issues with the bluetooth audio streaming from my iPhone 4s.

We also have a Peugeot which has a similar bluetooth audio streaming facility (albeit not as fancy), but this works fine and is a pleasure to use.

This is what I am finding with the Nissan Connect.  Sometimes, which seems completely random I can't resume playing of the audio via the Nissan Connect.  I will press the AUX button to chose the input as my phone, the buttons appear on screen to show "play" "stop", but neither of these do anything when pressed.  If I play it direct from my iPhone then the sound starts coming through the cars speakers, but again, pressing the "stop" button on the Connect system does nothing.  If I then press "FM/AM" to change to the radio, the iPhone carries on playing the music and doesn't automatically pause.

What I also notice is that the track information is also not displayed on the Connect system.  This seems to tie-in with the problems above.

Sometimes it will all work fine, I'll get the track info, I can use the controls through Connect to stop/start/fwd tracks.  But other times it is not having it at all.

It's very annoying as I listen to a lot of podcasts when travelling.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses the bluetooth audio streaming facility and whether or not they've encountered the same weird intermittent issues?

BFB
RussH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Zeke N. Yeshallfind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:50pm
I use the same system, and I'm sure that the manual states somewhere that track info does not always transfer via Bluetooth.

See page 5-12 of the 'Nissan Connect' book [left hand side, bottom]:-

"Info
Display of track names depends on the connected device. At the time of going to press, the majority of devices did not support the display of track names via Bluetooth"
[Printed Feb 2011]

With my Connect linked via Bluetooth to an iPhone 4, display is intermittent even when I play the same tracks before and after I stop briefly at the shops.

WRT your first problem, although I get a delay sometimes before the iPhone is picked up, I haven't noticed the same auto pause problems you have described. With my iPhone 4, a blue icon appears on the phone display when it is found by the Connect system. Sometimes pressing that will kick the system into life.

I also have three iPhones registered with the Connect, and sometimes forget to register the phone currently being used, so it finds nothing. If there is only one phone with a live Bluetooth connection in the car, I'm bemused why the Nissan system can not find that and register it automagically...

H.

Edited by RussH - 16 May 2012 at 1:55pm
Magnetic red Nissan Qashqai +2 2.0 petrol N-Tec 5dr 4WD CVT [Accepted delivery from new on 16th Apr 2012].
BigFishyBob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFishyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:06pm
Cheers for the reply Russ.

I can see what you are saying, but the bluetooth audio works a treat with my Peugeot and I get track information all the time, not intermittent display problems.  So I can't believe the issue is with the iPhone.

It does seem that when the track information is displayed there is always a pause of about 2-3secs before if comes up, and during that time I can't skip tracks either.

Again comparing to the Peugeot the info is displayed immediately when the track is played and I can flick through the tracks straight away.

Maybe I'll just start using the the iPhone connected to the USB port.
BigFishyBob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFishyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:10pm
Just thinking about what you said with the other phones paired with Connect.......  I had another strange issue the other day.  We also have my missus Blackberry paired with the car.  And the other day I was in the car on my own and my phone would just not connect over Bluetooth.  The only way I could do it was to go into set-up on the Connect, click on "bluetooth>select paired device" and select my phone.  Then all of a sudden the bluetooth sprang into life.

I have to say the whole bluetooth set-up on the Connect is a little flakey for my liking!
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:05pm
I see you found the other thread.... as you say, it does seem a little flaky so I wouldn't be unduly worried.... Bluetooth & Wireless both can have their quirks. 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
RussH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Zeke N. Yeshallfind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by BigFishyBob BigFishyBob wrote:

Cheers for the reply Russ.

I can see what you are saying, but the bluetooth audio works a treat with my Peugeot and I get track information all the time, not intermittent display problems.  So I can't believe the issue is with the iPhone.

It does seem that when the track information is displayed there is always a pause of about 2-3secs before if comes up, and during that time I can't skip tracks either.

Again comparing to the Peugeot the info is displayed immediately when the track is played and I can flick through the tracks straight away.

Maybe I'll just start using the the iPhone connected to the USB port.

I understood the paragraph in the Connect manual to read that it was the track information pickup in the Connect system that was flaky, rather than the various phones? Could be wrong, though.

I haven't used the USB - iPhone connection, as I have a 32gig mini USB memory stick plugged in that.

H.
Magnetic red Nissan Qashqai +2 2.0 petrol N-Tec 5dr 4WD CVT [Accepted delivery from new on 16th Apr 2012].
RussH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Zeke N. Yeshallfind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by BigFishyBob BigFishyBob wrote:

Just thinking about what you said with the other phones paired with Connect.......  I had another strange issue the other day.  We also have my missus Blackberry paired with the car.  And the other day I was in the car on my own and my phone would just not connect over Bluetooth.  The only way I could do it was to go into set-up on the Connect, click on "bluetooth>select paired device" and select my phone.  Then all of a sudden the bluetooth sprang into life.

I have to say the whole bluetooth set-up on the Connect is a little flakey for my liking!

Yup, that's the way Nissan has set the Connect Bluetooth system up to 'work'. I would guess the Blackberry was the last phone paired with the Connect? With multiple phones registered, you have to manually select the paired device you want to use handsfree every time you get into the car - unless it happens to be the same paired device that was used on the previous journey.

That said, once connected, I do find the BT connection to be rock solid on my vehicle - track listings notwithstanding.

H.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:16pm
Yeah. It's not brilliant, is it?

Mine tends to do something similar if you change tracks too often. Or listen to the iPod whilst using navigation. etc. I think the problem is that it was build down to a price (36.5p) and - as such - wasn't made of powerful enough chips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic