Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bose system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bose system
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:36pm
I have now ordered the Tekna which comes with the Bose stysem, as anyone got any information Pictures on this please?
TIA
benih View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:39am
Originally posted by sheph sheph wrote:

I have now ordered the Tekna which comes with the Bose stysem, as anyone got any information Pictures on this please?
TIA

The speakers will have the BOSE logo on them...

Other than that the only reviews you'll find are from owners of the Qashqai Sound and Style which i've heard had a BOSE system too.

BOSE say you shouldn't get one retro fitted which means the Tekna speakers are custom made to fit the build shape...

. Can I buy a BOSEŽ sound-system and retrofit it in my current vehicle?

Please check first whether your vehicle is offered with a factory-fitted BOSEŽsound-system: 

Retrofitting does not comply with the principle that every BOSEŽ sound-system is custom-designed for the interior of the specific vehicle type. All BOSEŽ sound-systems are developed in close cooperation with the car manufacturer so that they can be integrated into the assembly process. This is the only way to ensure proper music reproduction and maximum listening pleasure. It is also not economical to retrofit a BOSEŽ sound-system from authorised dealer parts.

If the system in the Tekna is the same as the S&S then GREAT, you'll get this kit...http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/NISSAN_Qashqai_EN_tcm6-21759.pdfHere's hoping WinkCheers, Ben
Qashqai+2 Tekna 2.0dci arrived 4th March 2010 in Magnetic Red.
sheph View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:47am
Thanks BenWink
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:13am

Ah right, so if the amp goes under the passenger seat where does the storage tray goErmm

That,s good info ben thanksThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Qashqai Guy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 12:19pm
[QUOTE=mohawk]

Ah right, so if the amp goes under the passenger seat where does the storage tray goErmm  [QUOTE]

Dont forget that the present +2 and 5 seater with sat nav have the DVD receiver under seat and a storage tray Clap 

My 2nd QQ both 1.5 Intense Blue lots of chrome this one the +2 GREAT Car
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:21pm
thats brilliant q.g. the russian site ,been trying to get interior close ups for ages .i have drooled over it terrific .is that the 2010 model cos no speak russian .can make out the date whether that applies to the pics .??so thanks for that top bloke .
benih View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Qashqai Guy Qashqai Guy wrote:

Ah right, so if the amp goes under the passenger seat where does the storage tray goErmm  [QUOTE]

Dont forget that the present +2 and 5 seater with sat nav have the DVD receiver under seat and a storage tray Clap

The connect system has SD card maps, so maybe the space under the seat could be the location of the Amp.
I was reading the post on this forum for when the connect system to launched and I was amazed at the amount of ways you can get music out of the speakers (via Nissan connect)...
CD (audio)
CD (data with MP3/WMA)
Radio (AM/FM)
3.5mm aux
ipod
USB (mp3/wma tracks)
A2DP Bluetooth audio

Originally posted by patch patch wrote:

thats brilliant q.g. the russian site ,been trying to get interior close ups for ages .i have drooled over it terrific .is that the 2010 model cos no speak russian .can make out the date whether that applies to the pics .??so thanks for that top bloke .

Hi Patch,
Here is the QQ+2 at the same site, it's all the 2010 model but I dont know anymore than that (dont speak russian either)

Here is my top Qashqai 2010 sites...
http://www.netcarshow.com/nissan/2010-qashqai/
http://www.leblogauto.com/2009/12/nissan-qashqai-premiere.html
http://news.caradisiac.com/Nissan-Qashqai-restyle-premiere-approche-720
http://www.321auto.com/Diapo-actu/Nissan-Qashqai-937.asp#

I wish some English sites would review it, I can't understand any of the comments, reviews, aticles or verdicts Disapprove - Maybe I should learn russian

Edited by benih - 07 Feb 2010 at 2:46pm
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:18pm
thanks a lot just what i wanted Ying Yang
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:17pm
Where's the button to push more air to the back of the cabin?

Currently it's in front of the gear stick next to the 12v socket, at the bottom of the dash.
On the 2010 model there is a storage slot there - the button has disappeared.Confused
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
sheph View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:58pm
I think it as been put in the climate unit.

Originally posted by Mr Welling Mr Welling wrote:

Where's the button to push more air to the back of the cabin?

Currently it's in front of the gear stick next to the 12v socket, at the bottom of the dash.
On the 2010 model there is a storage slot there - the button has disappeared.Confused
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:16pm

Don't forget you can (roughly) translate via Google Translate or with Bing on Internet Explorer 8 on a webpage by highlighting, right-clicking, choose 'Translate with Live Search' Geek - 'you have the power'.

Like so..............

Как видите, изменений в гамме двигателей нет, зато они присутствуют в дизайне экстерьера. Наиболее заметными стали обновления передней части Qashqai и Qashqai+2 - здесь появились новые капот, передние крылья, решётка радиатора и фары. Плюс, добавлены два новых цвета кузова: красный Magnetic Red и серый Titanium Grey.

becomes

As you can see, changes in the range of engines no, but they are present in the design of exterior. The most pronounced update the front of the Qashqai and Qashqai + 2-here new hood front wings, lattice heat and headlamps. Plus, added two new body colors: Red Magnetic Red and grey Titanium Grey.

I said 'roughly' LOL
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:27pm
............and if you want a real hoot try translating the 'comments' on the French website.  They either say that the 'Japanese' car is good or what a success the 'Renault/Nissan' is.

Wake up over there folks - the Qashqai was designed, engineered and built in ENGLAND and the odd duff Renault diesel engine was used to get some French money maybe LOL.
guidedog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guidedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 10:16pm
for what its worth my QQ s and s sounds fab. the Bose basss makes a huge difference but does not simply boom out bass notes it seems to resonate and match with the six other speakers. the mid notes are very clear and compliment the tweeters
the bose system makes the audio side of driving this car simply sublime
guidedog has a 18plate Tekna+   all dressed in Pearl Black and a hint of chrome..
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 10:22pm
i,m still trying to get radio luxemberg on mine .honest can only fathom 5 live and cd ;;if i fiddle too much finish up on the central division of the m 62 ;EmbarrassedCrySmileTongueWinkClapStar
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:57am
As you can see, changes in the range of engines no, but they are present in the design of exterior. The most pronounced update the front of the Qashqai and Qashqai + 2-here new hood front wings, lattice heat and headlamps. Plus, added two new body colors: Red Magnetic Red and grey Titanium Grey.
I have looked for the lattice heat on the Nissan site but they seem to be unavailable at the mo.LOL 
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
PeterWestSussex View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

, lattice heat and headlamps. Plus, added two new body colors: Red Magnetic Red and grey Titanium Grey.I have looked for the lattice heat on the Nissan site but they seem to be unavailable at the mo.LOL 

Can see how 'Radiator grille' got somewhat distorted in the translation?
1.6Tekna, Blade Silver+ESP+SatNav+ MetaSR2Targa parking sensors, .P/X'd Nov 2012 because we just didn't need or use the car to its full potential!
boozer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 2:51pm
I've ordered a tekna, arriving in 2 weeks. I had a demo car the other day & the bose sub-woofer is where the spare wheel should go. There's no spare wheel anymore if you've got the bose speakers. You get a kit instead (repair & inflation).
Hope this info helps.. Can't wait to get it - I'ts magnetic red :)
redneck_kaimietis View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck_kaimietis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:23pm
I picked up new Tekna today. It does come with spare wheel (space saver) AND sub-woofer. Sub is inside of the spare wheel. It is very small.

I listened to the FM only. So cannot really tell, but the first impression is average. It has better sound quotlity than most cars, but it is also way off top or middle range PROPERLY ISTALLED aftermarket systems. Further investigation needed with better sound source, i.e. CD.

I will take some pictures of the sub tomorrow if it does not rain.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:26am
Spare or no spare?...................confused Confused
QQAnt View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQAnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:37am

The Tekna I saw at the preview event had what looked liked the subwoofer mounted on top of the spare wheel!

Hoping someone can post a photo to confirm it.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:49am
ErmmAll will be revealed i hope when someone posts a pic cos i,m in a quandry too
guidedog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guidedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 2:21pm
yes on my S and S the sub woofer is anchored into the well of the spare wheel and now ive got a real wheel in place of the spacesaver it still fits and performs ok
guidedog has a 18plate Tekna+   all dressed in Pearl Black and a hint of chrome..
boozer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:26pm
I've ordered a Tekna & had a new demo model the other day. The Bose sub-woofer speaker does replace the spare wheel & fills the gap where the spare wheel should be. Instead of a spare wheel, there is not a repair/reflate kit that can be used.
The car was awsome btw, can't wait to get mine...
niftynova View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftynova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:59pm
No pic yet to show you, but my new Tekna has the spare wheel and the sub woofer sitting on top of it.
2010 Nightshade 1.6 Tekna.....ARRIVED 1.3.2010. Love everything about her :-)
ctrollen View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctrollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:11pm
Yes, yes, nifty, we know about your new QQ already - there's no need to post about it in every thread! LOL
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium, Nightshade
niftynova View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftynova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:52pm
OK, ctrollen. I'll try and hide my excitement about my new car and shut up just for you Big smile
2010 Nightshade 1.6 Tekna.....ARRIVED 1.3.2010. Love everything about her :-)
francaffery View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francaffery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by redneck_kaimietis redneck_kaimietis wrote:

at last a pic of the sub. been wondering how it looks and how it was conected
Cooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 5:36pm
Sexy bit of kit, best not let the Mrs see this or she will badger me to upgrade.
1.5 Ntec, Pearl Black, on order due end May
benih View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:43pm
Qashqai+2 
The thing suspended adove is the rear most seat assembly.

Here is my spare wheel, its a BOSE spare wheel Wink

patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by benih benih wrote:

Qashqai+2 
The thing suspended adove is the rear most seat assembly.

Here is my spare wheel, its a BOSE spare wheel Wink

patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:55pm
do you get marmite soldiers with that fried chucky egg on the right of the speaker 
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:58pm
to be really really honest ,no offence but to me full of high commisioner whusky those pictures look like someones vomited on georges square halifax .no really looks so untidy ,sorry gotta say it like i see it 
redneck_kaimietis View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck_kaimietis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 12:51am
why nissan did not put the spare wheel in the QQ+2 is beyond me. there is plenty of space in the boot, definitely more than in the regular QQ.

however, having said that, i have never used a space saver spare wheel in my 12 year motoring career. it gives some kind of "safety" feeling. i have used a "normal" one once in 200SX though when i got a puncture@ ~100 mph. 
francaffery View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francaffery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 2:12am

do you get marmite soldiers with that fried chucky egg on the right of the speaker 
hahahahaha so true looooks like a big dirty egg lmaooo
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 5:35pm

to be really really honest ,no offence but to me full of high commisioner whusky those pictures look like someones vomited on georges square halifax .no really looks so untidy ,sorry gotta say it like i see it 

apologise for that looks better sober ,thought at the Tonguetime it looked like whats left over from a self assembly chest of drawers .but if the speakers under the boot liner ,what happens when you put assorted suitcases etc on top .plus bag of coal and an executed essex drug rival ..Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic