Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Both headlights blew at same time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Both headlights blew at same time
    Posted: 01áMará2015 at 7:56pm
I just started my car and the headlights came on for a few seconds and went out again. I could see both were on in the reflection from my living room window. Main beam and side lights ok,just the two headlights out.

Assumed it was a fuse, but tried the simple things first and replaced with a spare, and it came on fine. Just been to a garage to buy another and both are now on fine.

So, just one of those things that both blew at the same time, or sign of something else possibly wrong?

They were only about 4 months old too, bought from halfords in November and fitted as a pair so should have lasted a bit longer!
Dan90 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2015 at 7:46pm
it's happened to me before on a cold morning, replaced both the bulbs and neither of them and blown since, likely just be one of them things that happen once in a blue moon.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áAprá2015 at 6:33pm
Same here
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAprá2015 at 8:17am
Me too, about 80,000 miles ago, no issues since Smile
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2015 at 9:55am
Been 2 months and it hasn't happened again so hopefully just a one off.

To be honest, when I put those in I completely ignored the warnings about not touching the bulb glass with your fingers. I've since read this is a big no no, even a tiny fingerprint can cause the bulbs to go bang really quickly - and they tend to surge and take the other one out too, which is probably what happened.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic