Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

broken gear lever

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broken gear lever
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:54pm
I have been unable to get reverse gear. I took it into a garage and they found that the lower end of the gear lever had broken away. They have ordered a new one from Nissan and to get it fitted it will cost 200 in all. The Qashqai Acenta 1.6 manual is nearly 5 years old and has done 21000 miles. I am considering sending a copy of all the paper work  incl bill to the  Customer Service  at Nissan HQ saying this should not have happened and will they consider a contribution towards the costs.
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 2:03pm
Never hurts to ask.... 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:17pm
This turned out to be the gear lever gate which broke at 21000 miles. I got in touch with Nissan as the car is  only 4 years old. They declined to make a contribution stating that the car should have been repaired by a Nissan dealer and not  Halfords. I did point out that this was an emergency repair as the car would not go into reverse gear.
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic