UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Calls but no music over bluetooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazzajon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calls but no music over bluetooth
    Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 5:50pm
Hi 
Ive just bought a 2010 QQ Accenta with a CD multichanger audio head.  It says Bluetooth on the audio head but after I paired it with my Iphone 5 I was only able to send and receive phone calls using blue tooth but unable to listen to any music or other audio from my iphone.  My only alternative is to connect it via a cable through the aux.  This will mean a pile of messy wires as the aux connection is in the centre armrest while the power is just under the head unit.  I'm pretty cheesed off because Bluetooth for me was an essential item and the car was advertised with bluetooth.  Can anyone advice me please?

1. Is there anyway I can get this head unit to give me FULL bluetooth connectivity instead of the crippled version I am currently saddled with? 

2. If not, what is the best alternative to gaining full Bluetooth?  Can I buy and fit a newer Nissan version of the cdplayer/radio on Ebay (and if so which model?) or would I be better off dumping the Nissan audio unit and buying an after-market version like a Clarion or similar

3.  Is there some kind of dongle or plug in that I could use instead.  I'm not really keen on buying a parrot as I want it integrated into the steering controls 

thanks
very disappointed QQ owner

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:45pm
sorry I'm no use, but I think one of the guys could advise you,

But for now,
Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
GaznHay View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaznHay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:04am
Hi i just use the cable I don't think it will play the music via Bluetooth I did try when I got our 2013 n-tec + but no luck if that's the only thing wrong I wouldn't let it bother you we have had a few top end cars but by far this has the best gadgets at such a great price hope you can work it out and enjoy your car
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 7:46am
As far as I know Apple restricts Bluetooth to hands-free speaking systems, so you won't be able to copy DRM protected material via Bluetooth...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 6:02pm
my iPhone 4s works hands free and plays music from it by bluetooth
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 11:53pm
My iPhone 6 works on calls and music via Bluetooth too.

Do you have USB in the centre console, or just 3.5mm jack? If it's USB then that will charge and play.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:07pm
Not sure if you tried this or not, however connect up your phone via bluetooth. Play a music track on your phone then press the AUX button until your music info appears on the screen.
VovaTuf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VovaTuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Jazzajon Jazzajon wrote:

bought a 2010 QQ Accenta with a CD multichanger audio head
Hello! This audio head is Clarion PN-3000 (see photo). It manufactured at 2008, when not yet been developed A2DP-bluetooth profile for stereo-audio playback, unfortunately.

The cheapest, replace it with a more modern head unit - Daewoo AGC-0070 (or 0071). This is original Qashqai radio too. It began to set on the Qashqai in 2011 (see photo).

Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT
Flemo74 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flemo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 2:19pm
First post, Im gutted already. I have always wanted a QQ and like Jazzajon I was having the same issue. I was told when I bought the car off the dealership (2 days ago) that it had this and that. After spending first few hours getting to know the car, I am finding things I was told are not actually true. Ie The car is the Accenta version when in actual fact its the Visia. Full BlueTooth capability - clearly not. Think Im going back to the showroom folks!
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 2:40pm
Hi and Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 2:41pm
Flemo74, Sorry you're having a bad start to QQ ownership.

Let us know how you get on with the dealership.
Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 08 Jul 2015 at 2:42pm
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 3:48pm
Flemo74, Surely if you were told it was an Acenta, then you paid the extra premium for the Acenta "extras", which the Visia doesn't have, therefore they mis-sold you the car. I think you have a very strong case to return and obtain a full refund. Trading standards might be very interested if there are any arguments.
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic