UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 2.0i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Can the 2 litre petrol be remapped?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can the 2 litre petrol be remapped?
    Posted: 08áNová2009 at 8:20pm
Some guy asked if the 2.0 petrol can be re mapped.

Simple answer to your question, no the 2.0 petrol cannot be remapped to give any significant performance improvement. I've asked a couple of experts as I have 2.0 petrol and was told you could get it chipped or mapped to get a few extra bhp but not enough to notice it.

If anyone knows different please let me know
piero View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMará2010 at 4:41pm
just change the whole tail pipe! double terminals gave me at least 15 bhp.really noticeble in accelerattion and torque. one more tip for you .if you lower your qq of 2 inches you will get accelerattion and pure speed. i did both and i test by my self the before and after: before acceler...0 to 100  9.7 second at the best.max speed 197 kh . after new pipe and two inch lower : accelera... 0 to 100 8.6 second and max speed 216 and building speed.
samsmummyclare View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsmummyclare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMará2010 at 6:55pm
Remap of normally aspirated engines in 99% of cases is not worth it.  peiro, probably had the wind behind you on your second test. Wink
BMW 320d MSport Titanium Silver
QQ 1.6 n-tec Pearl Black
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAprá2011 at 11:32pm
Not usually, no. Remapping "Works" on turbo cars principally by increasing the maximum boost pressure and refuelling to match that. Obviously a non-turbo car doesn't have boost pressure to raise. Sometimes extra power can be got through remapping if the engine has been deliberately detuned by the manufacturers for environmental, noise or marketing reasons, but usually it's pretty marginal improvement. Just occasionally a car is programmed never to use full throttle or to limit it's revs and those restrictions can be removed by remapping - but those are rare cases.

Since 140bhp is a fairly healthy output for a normally aspirated 2.0 petrol engine in a standard car i'd guess that the Qashqai 2.0 is pretty close to the engine's designed power output & you wouldn't achieve much by remapping. Maybe doing so in conjunction with fitting additional bits-and-pieces might help a bit more, but usually to make any massive different to a NA engine you have to change significant bits (cams, throttle bodies, exhaust manifolds etc)  - at which point you are into serious money and may as well go and buy yourself a turbocharged diesel which you CAN remap to good effect - should you wish to.

To be honest, though, if you're that dead-set on a faster Qashqai - you might like to consider a Murano instead (sorry, guys, but it's true). Now.. If Nissan could put that V6 in a Qashqai... whooeee!

Edited by 2Fat2Bald - 28áAprá2011 at 11:34pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAprá2011 at 12:45am
except the murano is HORRIBLE looking! the front grille is totally disgusting!
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAprá2011 at 2:17am

Oh, I rather like it. Although I preferred the old look to the new "Facelifted" one. That's equally true of the Qashai +2, actually.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic