UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

cannot lock Qashqi 54 reg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqi_King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cannot lock Qashqi 54 reg
    Posted: 08áMayá2018 at 10:36am
Hello,

I have a 54 reg Qashqi. Recently I found that I am unable to lock the car using the remote keyfob or the central locking console button (it used to work without any issues).

So I've tried both keys standing outside the car, all doors closed and windows wound up. not keys inside the car. Key fob does not lock the car.
Change batteries on the keyfobs - makes no difference
Manually locking the drivers side door only locks the drivers side door, all other doors don't have a physical lock and remain unlocked. 
Sitting inside the car with doors closed you can lock all doors using the central locking button next to the handbrake. But when I open the drivers side door to get out and them close the door and lock using the physical key it only locks the driverside door- all other doors are remain unlocked including the boot.

Tried things like:
putting the key in the ignition and taking it out 6+ times within 10s
Looking for a central locking fuse - couldn't find it
disconnecting battery to reset system
key in ignition and pressing break + clutch
Key in door and holding both buttons on keyfob down

All of these have not made any difference. Worrying thing is that you can get into the car release the hand brake and push the car away...

I saw a similar issue posted recently but that resolved itself without any intervention which doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If anyone can suggest a way forward or if i should just take it to the garage?

Thanks
Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áMayá2018 at 11:00pm
Hello Qashqi_King, and a warm welcome to the club. I have to admit that I'm a bit confused. You claim to have a 54 plate Qashqai, which if I remember correctly would date it to the second half of 2004. The first Quashqais weren't registered until 2007? Maybe you could give a bit more information?
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic