UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Can't access glow plugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick4501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't access glow plugs
    Posted: 03áJaná2019 at 12:14am
Hi guys,

Wondering if you could help out a newbie, wanna-be mechanic... After looking online for a simple guide for replacing the glow plugs on my 2010 1.5dci, I eventually came across a french youtube video that I was able to follow...until I realised that I didn't have clear access to the glow plugs without removing the nut in the following photo:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/331emaw.jpg

I presume this is part of the fuel rail, but am I safe to undo it (x4), without spraying fuel everywhere?  When I attempted to loosen this, the whole thing started to turn, so is there a knack to removing it (do I need to hold the other nut in place or something)?

Also, when re-assembling things after admitting defeat, I noticed that the engine cover won't sit flush.  I think it's because of the position of the hoses connecting to the fuel rail (hopefully seen better in this pic)...

http://oi66.tinypic.com/10fdvv5.jpg

...it even looks like the second hose is being doubled over.  We recently had to have the head gasket replaced, so is this likely to just be bad workmanship from the guys who last worked on it?  Has anyone got a picture of how it should actually look?  Is there anything I can do to correct this easily so that the cover sits properly over the whole thing, as it's currently rattling against the head at certain revs and driving me crazy!

Thanks.
nick4501 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick4501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2019 at 12:16am
...Sorry, I can't see how to edit my post so that the images are properly embedded...!  Hopefully you can still see what I mean.

Cheers,
Nick
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2019 at 11:04am
Perhaps invest in a Haynes Manual?
J11 1.5dci QQ Tenka :decent horns, bonnet struts/ chrome bling added.
nick4501 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick4501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2019 at 10:51pm
I intend to, but what I'm concerned about is that the previous mechanic has put things in non-standard positions, therefore potentially making it impossible to follow the usual steps, hence wanting to know what those specific items in the photos are, and if they are indeed in unusual positions...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic