Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Car Alarm Sounding At Night Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SheltieQQ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheltieQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 5:27pm
Hello Folks, 

I am a bit late to the party but bear some great news with regards to this pesky alarm randomly sounding Angry
We have had our 2017 QQ 1.2 DIG-T for 6 months and every time we locked it, the alarm would go off anywhere between 10 mins to a few hours from locking, just as you guys have said. Sometimes in the middle of the night as well AngryAngry. I read this post a few months back looking for an answer but had no luck.

I came across the problem (in my case) the other day. I opened and closed all 4 doors, the boot and the bonnet then locked the car. Upon locking it, I noticed the usual ~20sec continuous high pitched beep (which indicates that a door is open) did not sound. For some reason, I went to the bonnet, tried to open it and the alarm went off. I found that when the bonnet was shut, the micro switch in the engine bay was not getting pressed enough by the closed bonnet thus causing the ~20sec continuous beep every time the car was locked and eventually the alarm going off. 

My solution was fairly straight forward. I cut a small rubber cylindrical door stop in half and stuck it to the under side of the bonnet where it would contact the black rubber of the micro switch. When the bonnet is closed, the switch is now pressed by the door stop. The continuous beep does not sound anymore and the alarm has not gone off since. Such a small issue with an easy fix that causes great frustration! LOL  

It all makes sense now because QQ's do not indicate if the bonnet is open like the doors do hence why I didn't see the micro switch wasn't getting pressed by the bonnet. This will also be why the diagnostic machines do not pick up any faults.

I hope this is of use to any of you that is having the same problem, it sounds like you are, and I hope there's no more 2am alarms LOL

Peace out Cool
SheltieQQ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheltieQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm
Hello Folks, 

I am a bit late to the party but bear some great news with regards to this pesky alarm randomly sounding Angry
We have had our 2017 QQ 1.2 DIG-T for 6 months and every time we locked it, the alarm would go off anywhere between 10 mins to a few hours from locking, just as you guys have said. Sometimes in the middle of the night as well AngryAngry. I read this post a few months back looking for an answer but had no luck.

I came across the problem (in my case) the other day. I opened and closed all 4 doors, the boot and the bonnet then locked the car. Upon locking it, I noticed the usual ~20sec continuous high pitched beep (which indicates that a door is open) did not sound. For some reason, I went to the bonnet, tried to open it and the alarm went off. I found that when the bonnet was shut, the micro switch in the engine bay was not getting pressed enough by the closed bonnet thus causing the ~20sec continuous beep every time the car was locked and eventually the alarm going off. 

My solution was fairly straight forward. I cut a small rubber cylindrical door stop in half and stuck it to the under side of the bonnet where it would contact the black rubber of the micro switch. When the bonnet is closed, the switch is now pressed by the door stop. The continuous beep does not sound anymore and the alarm has not gone off since. Such a small issue with an easy fix that causes great frustration! LOL  

It all makes sense now because QQ's do not indicate if the bonnet is open like the doors do hence why I didn't see the micro switch wasn't getting pressed by the bonnet. This will also be why the diagnostic machines do not pick up any faults.

I hope this is of use to any of you that is having the same problem, it sounds like you are, and I hope there's no more 2am alarms LOL

Peace out Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic