UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Car Battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Battery
    Posted: 05áMayá2016 at 10:55am
I have just bought a 3 yr old Qashqai, and the installed Nissan battery was not showing the green indicator. A multimeter showed 11.8 across the terminals.

Even after a bit of driving it was still the same.

The AA website informs you:
Battery Voltage and State of Charge:

12.66v . . . . . . . . . . 100%
12.45v . . . . . . . . . . 75%
12.24v . . . . . . . . . . 50%
12.06v . . . . . . . . . . 25%
11.89v . . . . . . . . . . 0%

The car started without any problems, even though it was showing 11.8.

EXACTLY the same thing happened when I purchased my previous QQ also at 3 years old, no green indicator.   That battery died on me after a few days.

Do Nissan batteries not cope well with being stood for a few weeks without driving? Would it eventually get back up to charge and the green indicator come back?

Taking no chances this time, for the sake of ú50 I've put a new one in.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áMayá2016 at 4:18pm
I've just had the not-quite-a-year-old battery on my car replaced under warranty. It was not holding charge, albeit the voltage was only going down to around 12.1-12.2V but the dealer reckons it was only putting out around half the ampage. I think they'd tried to rejuvenate it and failed.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA
Jonesy21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJaná2018 at 1:37pm
Having just returned from a 6 week holiday our 18 month old Qashqai's battery had died (it didn't like sitting in the garage during the recent cold spell).... the giveaway was the message that 'Key ID not recognised' - luckily it was under warranty and the kind RAC man arrived and put a new one in, after a thorough checking that the battery did need changing. He also went about resetting a lot of the system errors and then checked everything was working. The only thing he wasn't sure of was that the Hand brake warning light stays on for quite a while (10 minutes) - I may ask that question in the forum, because I can't remember whether that happened before the battery died!
2016 QQ silver 1.2 N-Connecta Dig-T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic