UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Car entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car entry
    Posted: 24áMará2017 at 6:48pm
Help needed.I am having a lot of trouble entering my 2008 Qashqai by just pressing on the entry button on the door handles. I even have trouble using the button on the key fob at times. After I do eventually gain entry to the car, a lot of the time I am fiddling with the ignition turn button to get the key to start the engine. I have changed the battery in the key fob many times and for a short time of about four weeks it all works ok. I have at times had to resort to using the key in the ignition to start the car. I am not sure if the temperature outside of the car, or if it has been raining is one reason as it seams to be when the weather is like this sometimes.   Has the battery supposed to be of a specific make rather than any battery of the same power for it to work properly? I don't do a lot of driving so I probably only use the car about five times a week.
Has anyone else got/had this problem and if so how did you solve it. I am not as yet desperate but rather
Frustrated by it. If I had ever to get in the car and drive away quickly, for instance if my wife was taken ill, I could be really struggling.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMará2017 at 4:10pm
Any button battery of the same dimension and voltage should be ok, I have replaced mine without troubles. It could be an intermittent fault with the internal receiver antennas. one of which is adjacent to the ignition switch.

There are also antennas positioned at the boot lock and front doors.  Try opening /locking the car from each of those positions and see which ones don't work.  Make sure you have the key in your pocket as the range is approx 80cm with a new battery.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMará2017 at 9:13am
Thank you doug999 for your reply, it is much appreciated.  Is the internal receiver antennas very small and are they a bit like the radio antenna on the roof? If there is something wrong with any of them what is it that I would be looking at?
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMará2017 at 6:39pm
I dont know what they look like.  With key range of 80cm and key in your pocket, try opening/closing each door/boot in turn.  If they all work ok and you still have problems with ignition then it would suggest the ignition antenna is at fault.  Unfortunately I dont have any info where it is sited. 

PS i'm no expert, just thinking out loud WinkWink

Edited by Doug999 - 26áMará2017 at 6:40pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áMará2017 at 7:42am
Hi everyone, after posting about the keys only working intermittently on my Qashqai, I tried again a few times, when the sun was out and it was quite warm, the day after. It worked OK with the key in my pocket and has done so every day since including this morning. I can not understand why it happens but, I am at the moment considering whether the cold weather has something to do with it. Only once yesterday, I couldn't get the car ignition switch to turn, to fire up the engine straight away. I had to get the key from my pocket and hold it next to the switch while trying to turn the switch, which it eventually did but only after fiddling with it. It would be very useful if, like other vehicle forums, we had a qualified Nissan mechanic posting on the site who could give us all the benefit of his or her experience. It would be really great to get this problem solved once and for all.
Stephen Milner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Milner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áMayá2017 at 11:46am
2008 2 litre diesel auto with keyless entry. Just fixed boot keyless lock - wires broken inside the rubber gaiter at top left of boot. Apparently a common problem. Also intermittent operation if two key fobs are present at same time. Make sure the wife takes her handbag out of the car.
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áMayá2017 at 3:47pm
Hi Stephen, when my wife leaves her car key in the car, I can not lock it with the door button or with my car keys until I remove my wife's key from the car. It must be a safety feature that stops you locking your keys in the car when for instance your wife or her key is not in the vicinity of the car. The odd thing is that this intermittent problem is only with my set of keys, it doesn't happen with my wife's key. I was told that if the key for the car was always in the vicinity of the car, the key would be loosing battery power as it is searching for the cars locking signal. I don't know if this is true except that when I put a new battery in the key fob I don't have the intermittent problem for a while. Any other suggestions or ideas might be helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic