Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

catalytic convector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: catalytic convector
    Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:38pm
After having the SRTs reset about 5 times Nissan has replaced the Cat under warranty. I had a phone call from Robina at NCS to ask if the QQ was ok, I told her I would have to wait untill the new year to see if it was ok, as in the past it has reverted to its old self after a couple of weeks, at pressent it seems ok. tommy
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:05pm
What Spec and age QQ is yours and what were the symptoms..Just in case I have any problems as have had a few on a previous Megane...ie. rattling from the cat. They said I'd either gone through a deep puddle or over a speed bump at 50!!.. ..and they ain't the cheapest thing to replace!!...
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:25pm
Glad to hear things have been sorted Tommy..... at least Nissan are interested

Fee x

Edited by Fee - 22 Dec 2011 at 6:54pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011..1.6Dig-T Tekna 2018
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 6:52pm
Hello Affman,
The QQ is a 2008 1.6 visia. As i have said in the past the managment light kept comining on, about 10 times, indecating the oxygent sensor code 039; Nissan has turned it off 4 times the AA 6 times, the engine felt like it was surging and felt that it was in limp home mode, I went to my local Nissan dealer (whom I have got to know very well with all the problems that I have had, plus having worked for the AA for 24 years in their Edinburgh workshops) I explained the problems I was having, and they reset the SRT's each time and finaly came to the conclusion after the last time to change the Cat as they thought it was affecting the sensors and overfueling the engine, I can only test it to see how it goes, I will keep you informed. Tommy
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 11:37pm
Good advice from someone in the know... ....hope all goes well and keep us informed...
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic