Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CD Text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CD Text
    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
When playing a CD on my brand new super duper car Artist, Song TitleA and Album Name are not being displayed, just the Track Number.
The manual clearly shows they should be displayed. Could someone with the new Connect system please check and let me know if theirs display text.
Canít see anything in settings as an option to display or not.
Thanks
19 Reg Tekna+ 1.3 Digi-T 160 Chestnut Bronze. My fourth Qashqai.
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by probyan probyan wrote:

When playing a CD on my brand new super duper car Artist, Song TitleA and Album Name are not being displayed, just the Track Number.
The manual clearly shows they should be displayed. Could someone with the new Connect system please check and let me know if theirs display text.
Canít see anything in settings as an option to display or not.
Thanks

I think this is down to the information on the cd itself as I have some CDs that show artist,album name and track and other CDs that show what your seeing just a track number.
Try some different CDs and see if you see anything different on them.

Edited by balithbe - 03 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm
Collabro
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
18 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:10pm
I have a lot of downloaded music, which is primarily in MP3 format.
Sometimes track info does show, not always.
Checking the downloaded music with an MP3 editor, shows some do not have the data in the necessary fields.
You can populate these fields, but is rather a chore.
Therefore, it's the CD or MP3 that causes the issue, not the Connect unit.
Now a MAZDA CX5 Sport driver. Better build quality than the QQ, IMO!
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
I have tried 30 genuine shop bought CDís none of which shows any text on the Connect unit. Each of the CDís shows text when played on my PC, so the information is embedded in the CDís but not being read by the Connect unit.
Audio albums which I have downloaded and burned myself show text when played on the Connect unit.
Seems strange that such a quality unit canít do what it says it can.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 12:49pm

Each of the CDís shows text when played on my PC, so the information is embedded in the CDís but not being read by the Connect unit.

Not necessarily - the computer may be downloading the information itself from the internet.

I can't remember with my Qashqai whether the CD player showed track information or not - and I hardly ever used the CD anyway.

The manual for that says:

My present car doesn't have CD playing capability...

Edited by gloucester - 04 Mar 2019 at 12:52pm
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm
The text is definitely embedded in the CDís. Disconnected the PC from the internet and it still reads the song titles.
Suppose iíll Have to live with it.
Thanks for trying to help.
VovaTuf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VovaTuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 6:49pm

I have tried 30 genuine shop bought CDís none of which shows any text on the Connect unit. Each of the CDís shows text when played on my PC, so the information is embedded in the CDís
If I remember correctly, the genuine shop bought CD almost never contain CD-text, unlike self-written CD. The PC-program reads information from the Internet when you first play the CD and then the program does not need the Internet for this information. You can check this by inserting a new genuine CD without an Internet connection. You will not see any information about this genuine CD without the Internet.
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT
probyan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by VovaTuf VovaTuf wrote:

I have tried 30 genuine shop bought CDís none of which shows any text on the Connect unit. Each of the CDís shows text when played on my PC, so the information is embedded in the CDís
If I remember correctly, the genuine shop bought CD almost never contain CD-text, unlike self-written CD. The PC-program reads information from the Internet when you first play the CD and then the program does not need the Internet for this information. You can check this by inserting a new genuine CD without an Internet connection. You will not see any information about this genuine CD without the Internet.

That makes sense.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic