Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changing front side lights (easy)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brainzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing front side lights (easy)
    Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 8:56pm
i dont know if this method has been used or shown but i discovered that by using a certain tool that most will have in the tool boxes makes the job real easy..10 / 15 minuets ..

here it is

a 16mm socket fits the light fitting once the plug is removed allowing the rotation to release the holder from the back of the lamp ..i used a deep socket but a standard length one will do as long as you can get the clearance to rotate the socket with the ratchet . on refitting i have packed the socket with a little tissue to help push the fitting home so the lugs can locate properly...
Seano View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
The Enforcer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 9:13am
How do you get the insertion angle right before turning when replacing.....Geek and can you use this idea on heads and sides.....see post....http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/bulb-anomolies_topic7548.html

Censored

Seano

Edited by Seano - 04 Oct 2011 at 9:17am
QQ 1.5dci n-tec,In Nightshade,Now in my sweaty little paws, Headlamp Upgrades,Wind Deflectors One Cracked (Still), SAC
brainzzz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 9:28am
The insertion angle is a matter of gently rotating the socket till the lugs drop through the slots. As for the other lights I have not tried

Edited by brainzzz - 07 Nov 2011 at 8:41pm
Dave Fleming View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Fleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 10:36am
Brilliant mate - obvious after you said it but brilliant! Spent 15 mins destroying the lamp holder with long nosed pliers before seeing your tip - thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic