FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Cleaning/Detailing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
Author
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16†Apr†2010 at 7:23am
Thanks very much AllanThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Brownraven View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16†Apr†2010 at 11:06am
2010 1.5dCi Tekna in Mineral Grey. Lightly trimmed with dealer-fit mats and flaps only - why gild the lily.   'Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windscreen'
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16†Apr†2010 at 1:56pm
Hello Allan. I got the Bilt-hamber today and also pro clean today so i'm all setThumbs Up
Great delivery timeBig smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
BrummyDave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16†Apr†2010 at 2:03pm
Brownraven, many thanks for the link. See my reply to Mohawk reference the same link and thanks again for the time and trouble of looking.†Thumbs Up
qashqaicatherine View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaicatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17†Apr†2010 at 2:30pm
My hubbie used to spend ages cleaning the C-Max. He used Car-Lack to seal it and to wash it he used Snow-Foam via the pressure washer.

The Snow-Foam is wicked. You spray it on the car and leave it for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off. The foam lifts the dirt off the car whilst your waiting and then you rinse all that dirt off that inside the foam.

I know he cleans the alloys but I'm not sure what with and he puts something on the tyre wall thats really black.

I'll get my hubbie to post and tell exactly what he does.
Best wishes

Catherine xxx
2010 Mag Red Qashqai 1.5dCi N-Tec.
Born on 14/04/10.
N15SAN View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N15SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Apr†2010 at 11:02pm
That's stunning Darren!
Magnetic Red is the colour for me Cool
qashqaicatherine View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaicatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 9:28am
Heres the first pic that went a bit wrong on Darrens previous post with the pics.

Btw does anyone who lives near Ashton/Mossley know what the pointed building is in the 3rd pic of his previous post?
Best wishes

Catherine xxx
2010 Mag Red Qashqai 1.5dCi N-Tec.
Born on 14/04/10.
Shane View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 10:01am
is it just me or does anybody else hate that after giving up all that hard earned cash for your new QQ, it's covered in the dealers name everywhere. Going to have to charge for all that advertising!
Cafe Latte
daved View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 10:14am
Catherine snap lovley car, one thing that differs from mine is the crome lettering n-tech above indicators on the front wings.
x
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Shane Shane wrote:

is it just me or does anybody else hate that after giving up all that hard earned cash for your new QQ, it's covered in the dealers name everywhere. Going to have to charge for all that advertising!

Me too.

I removed the rear screen sticker (a little White Spirit helped with the residue) and the dealers plate that was under the rear number plate (it's stuck there with double-sided tape from the rear. With careful teasing you can remove it without damaging the plate itself).  Unfortunately they include their name in the number plate design as well! 

I'm told the plate makers name has to be shown by law!....hmm, I wonder?

PS: I've just been on-line and for £23 you can get a set made without the name and a nice black border line.

Edited by allan40alt - 24†Apr†2010 at 10:47am
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Dobbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 10:51am
Hi Allan40alt,
I am interested in the number plates on-line, could you please forward makers name,

Thanks
1.5dci N-tec in Cafe-Latte, delivered 17th June,
360 Black, 1.6 Petrol due June 2013
Mcdig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcdig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 10:57am
First thing I do is get the hairdryer out ans remove the dealers sticker from the rear window, why do they always put it directly in my line of sight (Answered my own question there).

As for number plates, yes they do have to have the following details.
The British Standard also requires that all number plates must be marked with:
1.  The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d) 
2.  The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
3.   The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.) 
4.  There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

Waiting for Mineral Grey Tekna, ordered 18 April 2010, was due 29th June 2010, now due 15th Sept. Collected on 8th Sept 2010. Gone 1 Feb 2013.
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Mcdig Mcdig wrote:

First thing I do is get the hairdryer out ans remove the dealers sticker from the rear window, why do they always put it directly in my line of sight (Answered my own question there).

4.  There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

I think you can also have your Country's flag or the Euro flag on it as well.

There are several on-line if you do a search,  but this is the one I found:

http://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designer.php

Big smile
Dobbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Apr†2010 at 8:16pm
Thanks Allan,

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2010 at 3:23pm
did anyone see the news yesterday my wife said they were advising car owners in britain not to polish there cars as the ash from iceland is in the atmosphere and will damage your paint work if you polish your car ????? Disapprove
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2010 at 3:33pm
Evidentally the wind suddenly changed direction and blew it away and the volcano isn't producing so much.  Most of the hot air now is coming from the politicians. LOL
Dobbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2010 at 3:53pm
Good call allan  LOL LOL
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2010 at 4:32pm
From what I read at the weekend, the potential ash polution at its highest level in the worst affected zone was still only 20% of what would constitute a problem for air safety Confused.  Also we were the first country to stop flying and the last to restart.  I know it's better safe than sorry, but remember...............the Met Office who warned of this problem are the same Met Office who denied the storms of 1987 were coming, cannot give you a daily forecast without changing it every hour if they are wrong, forecast a BBQ summer last year and a mild winter and most importantly of all.........................expect you to believe they know what the climate will be like in 20 years time Shocked.

To top it all, we pay for their 'service' and it looks very likely that we are going to have to compensate the airlines for their losses due to this fiasco Angry.

OK - going home now for a lie down. 
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Shane View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Apr†2010 at 4:41pm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article7107262.ece

It seems that the met office had to guess as their very expensive jet was grounded at the time.
Cafe Latte
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2010 at 1:19pm
Link wouldn't work for me Shane Cry.

However I read this yesterday - they have a plane that checks air quality at high altitude, but it was in a hangar being repainted and by the time the paint was dry they had advised the no-fly LOL.

Edited by G5 BOY - 27†Apr†2010 at 1:20pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2010 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

From what I read at the weekend, the potential ash polution at its highest level in the worst affected zone was still only 20% of what would constitute a problem for air safety Confused.  

EDIT: It was not 20% it was 1/20th - 5%.......!!!!!
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2010 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Shane Shane wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article7107262.ece

It seems that the met office had to guess as their very expensive jet was grounded at the time.

Ah, you mean THEIR very expensive jet that WE paid for.

They have £millions and £millions of equipment up there and still they can only get yesterdays weather accurate!  Thumbs Down

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 9:26am
Sorry i missed your pics of the mag red QQ darren.It's very niceThumbs Up.

I did the bonnet only yesterday on our Mag red QQ+2 with Bilt-hamber (just one coat so far). It's looking very good alreadyBig smile.
Oh and i removed the Nissawestway sticker off the rear windowLOL

Edited by mohawk - 28†May†2010 at 9:37am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 11:34am
and replaced it with a qashqaiclub sticker i hope mo LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 12:16pm
Well I have put the QQ sticker in the same place as you have Craig. The wiper blade catches it so i may well remove it and  put the spare sticker i have in another locationErmm   
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 12:27pm
should'nt be a problem mo
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 12:55pm
Then again i might just leave it where it isLOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 12:57pm
i would mate looks good there Thumbs Up
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 1:22pm
Has anyone used carnuba wax?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 1:24pm
most good wax's have carnuba in them its a quality product
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 1:28pm
How oftern do you need to use it?  I'm a pain andhate cleaning my cars.  I was thinking I'll get a decent coat of something to protect the paintwork against the elements
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 1:29pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 1:30pm
you should clean once a week and wax once a month imo
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 2:27pm
So that makes me 4 weeks behind on washing LOL. Nissan washed it yesterday though and i washed it last week also. Oh by the way Craig the metallic flecks really show up when you use the Bilt-hamber that Allan put me on to. So i got a lot of catching up to do but  by hook or by crook i will get thereThumbs Up
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2010 at 2:40pm
Yep best to wait innit. You got to keep the accounts in check. Just like the banks didLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
  Share Topic