UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

clunking clutch pedal fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clunking clutch pedal fix
    Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:10am
Hi all,  

per 2007 2.0 Dci QQ

this is not new but a couple of things may well be of help. The noise is caused by the plastic clip on the rod from the master cylinder 'unclipping' itself. There is a shallow groove around the pin that the clip sits on and I guess over time the plastic lugs lose their spring and the clip pops off.

1. Simple fix. Putting small hose clamp ( jubilee clip ) around the end once clipped in place has worked for some time as it holds the lugs on the clutch pedal pin. see picture

uploads/13990/clutch_pedal_clip.jpg

uploads/13990/clutch_pedal_clip_fix.jpg

2. Cheap master cylinder. Not being sure if I could fix the clip ( OK so far touch wood ) I ordered a new master cylinder from Aliexpress. I actually bought one for the Altima with a view to maybe using part of it or making a part if need be. Looked the same, had the same part number and was only $44 Au so 25 quid. I haven't installed it yet as the simple fix above is working OK and it will be a bit time consuming to do it, so no guarantees but I am pretty confident it will fit from inspection.

uploads/13990/master_cylinder.jpg

best regards
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic