UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Clutch and flywheel hot spots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durham1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch and flywheel hot spots
    Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Afternoon All,

My first post on here so apologies if I break any protocols...

I currently have a Nissan Qashqai 2016 1461cc Diesel car via the Novus lease scheme which is 6 months old with 7,000miles on the clock.

My partner drives the car, and recently had an issue where the car would not go into gear which led to the car's recovery. When this has been taken into the approved dealers shop, they have stated that the clutch and flywheel have been getting extremely hot, with heat spots evident, and that as this is due to 'style of driving' the clutch replacement and flywheel is not covered under its warranty and I am being quoted £1,500 for the pleasure of having it fixed.

My partner has been driving for 11 years, she had a Suzuki Swift for 8 of those and before the Qashqai had a Juke for 13months under the same lease scheme which did 13,000miles. None of her cars have previously required any clutch replacement, and in truth she rarely has to sit in traffic or indeed drives up hill on her normal commute to work. She also maintains that she doesn't rest her foot on the clutch when driving.

It seems strange given her driving history, that all of a sudden her driving could become so bad that she burns a clutch out within 6 months, does anyone have any knowledge of these things that could explain any other factors that could cause the problem. I have pictures of the flywheel and clutch plate but I don't think I can upload these to the forum, but it just seems wrong that this is down to driver error.

Anyone with any thoughts I would be grateful to hear them.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic