UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Clutch dropped helppp advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccarla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch dropped helppp advice please
    Posted: 27áNová2017 at 12:52pm
Hi need some advice please, i started my car up while in reverse the other day the car jilted back and was stuck in reverse it all happened so fast had to turn engine off and pedal had dropped to the floor, I havent had any problems previously with the clutch no grinding or wasnĺt hard getting it into gear? I did have a solid fly wheel put in last year so clutch was hard to press down other than that it was fine, iv been told could be clutch gone which I donĺt think it is but also been told could be the Hydraulics master cylinder has any one else had this problem or can advise me please. Thank you. ;)
Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áNová2017 at 11:49pm
I have had this happen twice on other makes of cars. First check the clutch arm where it emerges from the bell housing, and see if it moves when an assistant presses the clutch. Also try a vicegrip on the arm to find movement. If the arm moves as it should, then there two possibilities; the clutch disc itself has broken, or the inner pivot for the arm has broken/worn away. Both these fails mean opening up to repair/replace. A fairly competant mechanic should be able to diagnose in an hour.
Best probably to take it back to the solid flywheel people; there are mixed feeling generally on that mod.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áNová2017 at 11:06am
If it's a J10, my clutch pedal once dropped completely to the floor.   There is actually a plastic rod which just clips on to a little bit on the pedal and it can come off.  I just clipped mine back on.  It came off again a few weeks later, so I put a cable tie around it. 
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2017 at 12:06am
Sounds like a good place to start! Here's hoping...
ccarla01 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccarla01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2017 at 6:47pm
Hi guys thank you for your replyĺs car has just come out the garage it was the slave cylinder Iĺm 330 pound down but glad to have my car back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic