Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Useful Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clutch Pedal 'click'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch Pedal 'click'
    Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 2:07pm
I have put up with a slight 'click' in the clutch pedal travel since getting our QQ a month ago (didn't even notice it at first to be honest) and today have worked out the cause.

Its not an easy one to describe but if you feel a slight click/knock/tap (call it what u will) at the very top of the clutch travel (neutral will do) then there's a simple solution (assuming ur agile).

There is an electrical switch attached to the clutch pedal itself with a piston-like assembly there to register the depression of the clutch (not sure what for tho), this piston-like assembly is attached to the car 'frame' by a screw-like thread.

Mine was not attached/positioned in such a way as to put pressure upon the clutch pedal when it was at rest - the clutch pedal was therefore raising maybe 1 or 2mm further than it should - therefore when depressed it moved the first 1-2mm freely before meeting resistance (at wich point i could feel the resistance (and hear it)).

The solution is to lie flat on your back (drivers seat moved right back) with your head under the dash area looking up - you will then have 2 hands available to make the adjustment.  Turn the electrical swicth assembly about 45 degrees to one side at which point the whole assembly becomes loose. With one hand put pressure on the clutch pedal until the free-movement is taken up then push the switch assembly forwards until it touches the clutch pedal and turn it back the 45 degrees to lock it back in position.

Edited by pandjh - 17 Jul 2010 at 7:12pm
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Teckna, black
Prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T N-Tec+, black
Prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black
crusader2497 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusader2497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 2:21pm
The electrical switch attached to the clutch pedal is sensor for cruise control
2010 1.5dci QQ Acenta /Faded Denim
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 8:10pm
I have never had this problem as I have an auto. But my accelorator does click. Drove me scatty the first time I noticed but now I don't even notice it. Although I probably will now you're reminded me - so thanks for that!

;-)
jonnolly View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:43am
I had this problem. It is where the plastic bits of the banjo either weaken or break off. I repaired mine by strapping it with a small cable tie real tight. Hasn't moved. Will post pic when i get the chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic