Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clutch problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clutch problem
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:40pm
I have only had my QQ for a couple of weeks . It is a 1.5 diesel . With 21000 MILES ON .I find the clutch very heavy,bites near the top , .Vague feel . On occasions When I reverse to park has a judder ? If I rev it a bit more it seems ok . It has 3 month Warranty . Could the clutch be on its way out ?
Any info appreciated .
Lovely champagne 1.5dci Ntec+
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:08pm
I'm not a clutch expert but I would be tempted to take it straight back.  It should not judder whatever the cause.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 8:55pm
Mine is doing the same, had the clutch and DMF replaced at 10000miles as I had severe clutch judder when pulling off, the clutch had failed and then caused the DMF to fail, went into the dealers 3 times for this and they said it was normal then I got Nissan customer services involved and they told the dealer to remove the gear box, then they found the problems. Now mines on 21000 and I'm starting to get the clutch judder again and the clutch pedal seams near the top of its travel, car went into the dealers on Wednesday and I have been told again it's NORMAL, they have measured the clutch pedal travel and have said its normal and guess what, it didn't judder on the test drive. So I'm lost now also!
davidh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 6:09am
Mine is a 12 reg . Bought it from Evans Halshaw 3 weeks ago 20000 miles . With 3 month warranty .
Will give them a ring . The clutch isn't slipping. Its very heavy and bites near the top.On occasions when reversing into my park if the revs are low it shudders .but if its reving 2/2500 revs ok .
Lovely champagne 1.5dci Ntec+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic