UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kettle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clutch
    Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 1:52pm
I bought a Quashqai in June with 13,000 miles on 07 reg i have now done 20,000 and the clutch has failed it has a tow bar can anyone else advise of similar problems.
I took out an Autocare policy but aparently i am not covered the cost to replace the clutch is £565.00

Thankyou

Steve
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 2:26pm
if all else fails take it to a private clutch company it will probably be half that estimate
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 2:51pm
Thumbs UpYep i would do that too plus the new clutch that will be fitted will probably be from a better and cheaper supplier. I would always be wary of buying a car that has a tow bar for those exact reasons, the clutch might have had hard wearErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 3:02pm
i know towing takes its toll on the clutch but sounds a bit early to me , i towed a 1780kg caravan with my focus 1.6 (caravan was too big really to be towed by my focus) for 3 years and 34000 miles and clutch was fine when i sold the car  ,so 20000 seems a bit premature for clutch failure ,double check there is not an underlying problem
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 9:53pm
Is it the clutch that is slipping? This could be ware or it could be contamination, i have just had the clutch slave cylinder changed on my 1.5 diesel as fluid was dripping from the bottom of the gearbox. What are the symptoms you have?
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 2:26am
I found my 1.6 Acenta would struggle if you tried to go too fast, also going uphill if you where not in right gear and I was only towing a small 2-berth.
As long as you watch out for these type of situations it coped quite well.

Edited by HarryN-TEC - 03 Oct 2010 at 2:28am
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 7:40pm
tow bars are not for towing....they are so you dont damage your bumper when you reverse into a bmw at tescos...lol....seeing as the sensors are iced up..lol Approve
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
Nightshade View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:09pm
LOL

radiobloke View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radiobloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 1:27pm
my QQ dci just did 80k...same clutch, I tow a trailer some times too.

either you have some bad driving habits or that clutch has issues,...should last way longer than that!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic