UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Common Nissan Qashqai problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Common Nissan Qashqai problems
    Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 8:57am

Common Nissan Qashqai problems

Friday, December 07, 2012

• The original 'crossover'
  • Hugely popular, but not without faults
  • Common problems listed

Nissan Qashqai common problems revealed

The Nissan Qashqai has been a huge success since its launch in 2008. It started the 'crossover' craze, offering families the ride height and looks of an SUV, together with the practicality and running costs of a small family hatch. 

From launch, the Qashqai was available with either 1.6- or 2.0-litre petrol engines, or a 1.5- or 2.0-litre diesel. In 2010 the Qashqai was revised, with fresh exterior styling, some interior tweaks and new colours. 

In 2011, a 1.6-litre diesel with stop-start became available. An automatic gearbox was an option for both petrol models and the higher-powered 2.0-litre diesel. 

We rate the Nissan Qashqai highly and it was our Used Car of the Year in 2011. It should be a reliable car, but prospective Qashqai buyers should be aware of a few issues reported with the car.

Need our help? 
Got a problem with your car? Our team is here to help you solve it. Just get in touch with us now at the What car? Helpdesk.

Here are our contact details...
E-mail: wchelpdesk@whatcar.com 

Nissan Qashqai front suspension problem
Some Qashqais built between February and March 2007 have experienced problems with their front suspension. The lower ball joints on these cars were not fully seated into the hub, meaning the ball joint could detach resulting in a loss of control. 

Nissan Qashqai steering problem
Problems with the Qashqai's steering have been reported on models built between March and June 2007. It's possible that a needle bearing was omitted from the steering shaft, and the cover screw not tightened properly. If loose, steering control would be greatly reduced. 

Nissan Qashqai review

Nissan Qashqai engine stall problem
Some Qashqai built between November 2006 and January 2007 had problems with their engines stalling. The air-conditioning compressor could seize, which might result in the engine dying. 

Nissan Qashqai fuel leak problem
Some diesel-powered Qashqais, built between January and October 2008 have had problems with fuel leaks. A connector in the fuel system might not be correctly attached. 

Nissan Qashqai power steering problem
Power steering problems have been reported on some Qashqai models built between August 2008 and August 2011. The casting for the heat sink on the power steering control unit was out of specification. In extreme cases, this could cause the steering to fail. 

Nissan Qashqai rear suspension problem
Some owners have reported a knocking noise from the rear of the car. This could originate from the rear shock absorbers, which have a tendency to wear quickly. It's a problem Nissan have acknowledged and should be fixed for free.

Nissan Qashqai review

Nissan Qashqai rattle problem
Owners have complained about rattles and squeaks coming from around the dashboard and front seats. There's no easy way to fix this, so listen carefully on your test drive and highlight problems to the seller.

Nissan Qashqai damp problem
There have been a few cases of water leaking into the cabin via the windscreen. The only way to solve this is by replacing the whole screen, so check for moisture and a smell of damp on your test drive. 

Nissan Qashqai parcel shelf problem
On all cars, the plastic parcel shelf lugs are known to be a weak point. If they snap off, the whole interior side panel must be replaced rather than just the lug itself. Look to see if these lugs are securely attached, and if not, raise it with the salesperson. 

Nissan Qashqai review

Most of these issues should have been remedied by Nissan for free, so make sure the work has been carried out.

Edited by Craigfishin - 08 Dec 2012 at 9:37am
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 9:28am
Interesting.. I havent seen on here too many leaky windscreens or parcel shelf issues?

Its a good resume though...Quite a good wee link.
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 9:38am
ive added the full review to the first post to make it easier for members to see these known issues Thumbs Up , and i'll make it a sticky

Edited by Craigfishin - 08 Dec 2012 at 9:48am
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

ive added the full review to the first post to make it easier for members to see these known issues Thumbs Up , and i'll make it a sticky

whatever floats your boat m8 WinkLOL
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Steve Jobs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Interesting.. I havent seen on here too many leaky windscreens or parcel shelf issues?

Its a good resume though...Quite a good wee link.

Just for the record, we have the parcel shelf issue. We bought the car second hand and a while after we bought it the nearside lug snapped off (without being touched) and we haven't had it fixed. however, it's bloody annoying  because the parcel shelf rattles about when going over even the smallest bump in the road. Cry
QashQai Lemon: 2.0 dCi Tekna 2WD, Latest of many failures: DPF, seized brake calipers, fuel pipe split, radiator crack, wheel bearing hub failure
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 7:49am
I'd like to add:

* Rattle from something in the slidable inner roof when it's fully open. It can drive you bonkers.

* Whistling noise from the vents when on maximum. This is something you get on many, if not all, new cars from the start. It's just like that.

---------------

2011 Nightshade 2WD M/T 2.0 petrol 2012 - White - Tekna - 2.0 - CVT - 4WD
big_al_1966 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_al_1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 9:40am
I echo your pain RayBan, these are the two things that I have identified as well
2013 1.6 16v (117) Tekna, Gun Metallic, Heko Wind Deflectors, Door Sills Protector, Boot Lip Protector, Auto Mirror Closer, Heatshot, internal white LEDS, blue ambient lighting and SAC.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 12:27pm
Bless,you guys must have been unlucky... I had 4 QQs, granted I didn't have any for more than 15 months but that said, didn't experience any issues with the exception of the shockers on my Early Visia in 2007..

I must have been fortunate,,,
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 1:21pm
Me too Fee - just the shocks (twice) in 3 years QQ1, QQ2 was trouble free for its 3 years and QQ3 may have a weak ikey transmitter - to be checked when it comes back from the bodyshop.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by RayBanJockey RayBanJockey wrote:

I'd like to add:

* Rattle from something in the slidable inner roof when it's fully open. It can drive you bonkers.

* Whistling noise from the vents when on maximum. This is something you get on many, if not all, new cars from the start. It's just like that.

Mine developed this at about a year old, took it to dealers & they fixed it in about 15 minutes, one of the bolts that hold the runner/s had come loose allowing the runner  to rattle, easy fix, - but I agree the noise it made would drive you madThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Originally posted by RayBanJockey RayBanJockey wrote:

I'd like to add:

Mine developed this at about a year old, took it to dealers & they fixed it in about 15 minutes, one of the bolts that hold the runner/s had come loose allowing the runner  to rattle, easy fix, - but I agree the noise it made would drive you madThumbs Up

Sounds promising! I'm due for the 15000km service very soon, I'll try to get them to fix it then and also mention I "know someone" who they fixed it for

---------------

2011 Nightshade 2WD M/T 2.0 petrol 2012 - White - Tekna - 2.0 - CVT - 4WD
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:57am
Perhaps I can add;

1. Rear Boot Handle Trim Plinth can break. A few people have had this happen on here and as my supplying dealer told me, they've done more than one or two. A cool £400 approx bill unless your car is under 5 years old and the supplying dealer( or Nissan Dealer) has serviced it, under which the job could be funded (wholly or partly depending on your dealers labour rates) as what Nissan call a "Self Authorising repair"
  2. Ignition barrell on some 09 plate models can break up leaving you unable to a) remove the key b) Switch the ignition off! Again my supplying dealer has seen 2, including mine: So how many others has there been??

Now, my rear door won't open: Grrrr. Not a common fault I guess, but if anyone technical on here can give me any pointers on how easy it is to remove the rear door card so I can reassemble/repair/get new parts: I would be very grateful!

I'm still convalescing from £500 of open wallet surgery in June when i had to get Nissan to replace the ignition barrel, door lock and key blades, therefore, I need to do this DIY!.

I wouldn't care if we were rough with the car but we're not! 

Perhaps someone from Nissan GB can explain the Marketing Term for "Urbanproof"?

I'd like our +2 to get through a 6 month period without something failing on it or breaking.

I'm not asking for Urbanproof, Fit for Purpose would be nice, especially on a £21000 vehicle!!

John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
Tils View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:12am
WHERE IS THAT RATTLE ? - HEAT SHIELD BETWEEN INTERMEDIATE MUFFLER AND FUEL TANK

Almost got my 2008 Qashqai / Dualis failed because of a rattle at 40,000km. Mechanic thought the bushes in the rear shocks had failed and this was the cause. Was told new bushes cant be fitted to Qashqai rear shocks so new shocks would would be required.

On second attempt found the light guage aluminium heat deflector shield between the intermediate muffler and fuel tank was touching when it shouldn't. Shield is easily damaged and appears at assembly the leading edge had got bent during installation. Removed straighten as required and refit ensuring no contact. Be careful removing 2 x light metal clips as you will need to refit these. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic