UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Condensate drain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Condensate drain
    Posted: 02áNová2017 at 12:27pm
Does anyone know what position the air conditioning condensate drains out to? Only I'm getting damp patches near the centre of the car  in line with the middle of the front doors, not near the engine which is where I thought it would be. I'm wondering if it could be a leak of anything else?. The patches remain for sometime making me think it's not just water. It doesn't seem to have an smell about it!
Tekna DCI110 Nightshade
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2017 at 1:03pm
Yes itĺll be from the air con..... mine dribbles from the place you describe.

Edited by Tiffany - 02áNová2017 at 1:03pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2017 at 3:38pm
It remains longer on the floor this time of year, no heat to evaporate it.  I've noticed when I'm reversing off my drive in the morning the patch is still there from getting home the evening before.  Especially under the car where it's protected from light.

If you want to test the theory, why not pour a little water under your car nearby and see if that remains for the same length of time.

Edited by chrisw99 - 02áNová2017 at 3:39pm
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áNová2017 at 3:50pm
Thanks Tiffany/thanks Chris. I'll try your idea of splashing some water down and see how fast it evaporates. I was a bit concerned because the car hadn't been out for some hours but there was still evidence of wet!
Didn't think there was much wrong, but panicking as getting close to warranty end.
Had a leak from a rusting fuel tank on my old Verso, and that cost a fortune to put right, even with pattern parts.
Tekna DCI110 Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic