UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Confused tekna or ntec 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused tekna or ntec 2016/17
    Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 2:29pm
Just looking for our first QQ.  We have decided on a 1.5 diesel, that took us long enough to decide! Now the model.  We are looking at a 2016 or 2017 tekna or ntec   I'm a bit concerned about the 19" wheels being firm on the tekna (reviews again). We did a test drive but it's so difficult to get a true feel on a short run.  
Every time we feel confident enough to get out there and buy one we see a negative report on reliability etc.. on QQ. We love the look of the car and it's spaciousness.
Does anyone have any preference to tekna or ntec or good advice?  Should we take the reliability issues seriously?  
We have not spent so much on a car previously, so much easier really but we intend to keep this car a while.
Thank you for any advice.. it is much needed.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 4:33pm
I was initially looking at a pre-reg N-Connecta but the test drive was undertaken in an eight-month old Tekna and I liked it so bought it.

The 19" wheels weren't too much of an issue for me having come from a hard-riding Fabia vRS. Both were on 45 profile tyres but the Qashqai's were larger so smoothed the bumps more.

But I really liked all the extra gadgetry on the Tekna as well as the leather seats.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:04pm
Always go Tekna (or now Tekna+) basically because I might have spec envy if I don't go 'top of the shop' .

Hard ride is a trade off against looking IMO.

If you want to really give it a good test, pick a road with potholes and speed bumps.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:31am

If you want to really give it a good test, pick a road with potholes and speed bumps.
[/QUOTE]==========================================
comes as standard in BIMINGHAMLOL
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:32am
sorry,BIRMINGHAMSleepy
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
TANGO23 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 9:06am
Thanks yes. think I'll have to test drive over potholes and bumps Confused. They are a lovely car though, I test drove a Audi Q3 and so cramped in the back in comparison so went back to the QQ search.  Any advice is greatly appreciated as we are so indecisive about this purchase. The tax varies as well, change in 2017 to £140. Not sure whether the old rates at £20/30 will stay the same though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic