UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Cars > Love It? Hate It? Rate It!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

CONNECT BLUETOOTH COMPATIBILITY ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CONNECT BLUETOOTH COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 2:45pm
So, as some of you may know, my QQ is in for the timing belt recall and whilst it's in there I asked about problems with my mobile working properly with the Connect system. I cannot get it to download the address book or use it to make and end calls using the on screen touch buttons. I can hear and be heard through the system but have to use the phone to start and end calls.

Just called the service dept to check on progress and ask about the Bluetooth fault and was told that my 2010/11 Samsung Galaxy Ace phone is not compatible with the 2010 Connect system in my QQ. To add insult to injury I'm also told that the Connect cannot have a software update to accept newer phones!! When I pointed out that if I bought a brand new Nissan with Connect then in 12 months time if a new iPhone came out it wouldn't work with the system and was told it was highly unlikely to work!

Is it just me or is this completely and utterly unacceptable in today's technological world that the system cannot have a software upgrade to accept newer phones?

OR

Is my dealer telling porkies? Can the system have a software upgrade? Has anyone done this? Is there another way around it?

My previous Volvo had a Parrot Bluetooth kit fitted and it worked with ANY phone I connected it to and that was almost 5 years older than my QQ!
alansabout View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alansabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 4:18pm
I think that they just made that up!Angry
1.6dci ntec+ silver
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:04pm
Yes, I think so too but would need proof I suppose before I go in calling them liars. Perhaps I'll give Nissan Customer Service a ring and see what they say.

I have to remember that this is the dealership that a couple of months ago told me the dpf would regenerate itself from cold on tickover. Arse and elbow springs to my mind!!
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 11:24pm
OK, I spoke to Nissan UK Customer Services today and the dealer is right.

Unbelievably the Connect system cannot be upgraded and I, like everyone else, am stuck with yesterday's technology for todays and tomorrows mobile telephones!

I now wish I'd removed the Parrot kit from my Volvo, at least that worked fully and properly. Come on Nissan, you can do better than this can't you????
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte, mudflaps, LED interior lights, front & rear styling plates (painted), auto open/close mirror kit, chrome front & rear fog rings, FLIP KEY FOB. I'm lovin' it everyday!
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:58am
I reckon you are just unlucky with your phone handset as both my old handset HTC which was about 3 years old worked perfectly and now my new handset Samsung 2013 work perfectly in every aspect. Both were/are Windows Phones.

I know this doesn't help your situation in any way, sorry I can't be of more help. What exactly was not working with yours? You entered correct password etc on Bluetooth pairing?
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:59am
Which Samsung handset do you have now and what year is your Qashqai? I'm due an upgrade now and am looking at the S3 but according to the Nissan Bluetooth compatibility web page it won't work on my 2010 system either.
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte, mudflaps, LED interior lights, front & rear styling plates (painted), auto open/close mirror kit, chrome front & rear fog rings, FLIP KEY FOB. I'm lovin' it everyday!
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 11:08am
My Qashqai is a 2010 facelift model and I have a Samsung Ativ S handset running Windows Phone 8, came out end of 2012.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
mrchiggles View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:56pm
The Nissan page is really out of date, doesn't have any new phones on it.  I think the only way to know for sure is to test it out, either with a friend's phone or maybe go to an out of town carphone warehouse where you can park outside and ask if you can borrow the phone or even try pairing it up in the store if you can get close enough!

If you get the upgrade online/on the phone there's normally a cooling off period as long as you return it mint so you could test it that way?
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 1:11pm
This is Nissan's own list of compatible phones for use with the Connect system.

www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/bluetooth.html?pageId=date_release_car&vehicleId=103347

Choose your QQ's year of manufacture and which system you have and you will then get a drop down list of makes to choose from. Apparently if your phone isn't listed on there then it won't work fully with the system.
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by mrchiggles mrchiggles wrote:

The Nissan page is really out of date, doesn't have any new phones on it.  I think the only way to know for sure is to test it out, either with a friend's phone or maybe go to an out of town carphone warehouse where you can park outside and ask if you can borrow the phone or even try pairing it up in the store if you can get close enough!

If you get the upgrade online/on the phone there's normally a cooling off period as long as you return it mint so you could test it that way?

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll try that when I upgrade in the next week or two.
alansabout View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alansabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 2:14pm
Now renamed Nissan maybe ConnectAngry 
1.6dci ntec+ silver
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 3:14pm
mrchiggles View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchiggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:44pm
One thing to add, couldn't at all get my phone (nexus 4) to pair with my new QQ+2 tonight.  I knew it worked as I'd paired it with the dealer's one they loaned me a couple of weeks back.

Turned out that even though I'd deleted the pairing it had somehow remembered the address of the old QQ and therefore the pairing kept failing.  I tried all sorts but in the end had to resort to a factory reset of the phone, it worked perfectly after that though.

Might be worth it as a "last resort" for any other android users still struggling?
PaddyH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 3:46pm
It's been a while since anyone posted on this topic so thought I'd add my experience.

The same day I became a QQ owner (2 weeks ago) I tried to pair my phone with the bluetooth thingymajig on the connect system. I paired my wifes phone on her Honda Civic within minutes so how hard could this be?
Now... I've just had the phone a matter of months, June this year, a Sony Xperia Z model C6603 running Android Ver. 4.2.2 and the Nissan website doesn't list it as a compatible phone.
Still, maybe they haven't updated their site, after all there are new phones launched almost every week.
Something like 20 attempts later and a lot of swearing and screen bashing I had almost given up hope. Looks like my phone wasn't compatible after all and I wasn't chuffed. My next door neighbour was out cutting the grass looking across at me wondering why I was sitting in my car shouting and swearing.
I was following the instructions to the letter. My phone recognizes the connect system and says "Connected" The connect screen says "No Phone Connected" Angry
just when I was about to give up a wee message appears on screen saying "connected" and did I want to import my contacts.... of course I did so I pressed "YES" and the thing has worked perfectly ever since. How did this happen? .......... I'm fCensoredkd if I know... but its working.

Somewhere on here perhaps there should be a topic listing all the phones that people have successfully paired as there seems to be a lot of people like me who were ready to give up and accept defeat.

Maybe if I was upgrading the phone, and there are plenty of phones to choose from, I would want to check that whatever I choose will be compatable with the cars system so a list may prove handy.
Someone else would have to set it up though cos this stuff gives me headaches.... I still call bluetooth a thingamyjig.

I'll start it off......
Sony Xperia Z model C6603 running Android Ver. 4.2.2 - No Problem.... eventually Smile
Motor No.1 - 2011 QQ 1.6 dCi Tekna (Shiny Black) ... Motor No.2 - 2005 Honda Blackbird (Also Shiny Black)
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 6:42pm
Samsung B2100 (tough fone)  pleases itself when it connects-but now my phone book apppears a a list of weird numbers with a lot of zeros in the mix -this is new problem ,sim card in a nokia links ok and directory readable.Confused
gunmetal, 1.5dci Acenta now morphed into a Black Note. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!!
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 8:01pm
Xperia Z connected with no problems, several messages asking for permissions but checked "Dont show this message again" for each.  Took about 3-4 mins to load contacts and calls list.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
stuartino View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:48pm
I was able to pair my iphone 4s with iOS 7 and my wifes iphone 5S with iOS7 without any issues. mine works great, not really tested my wife yet.
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by stuartino stuartino wrote:

not really tested my wife yet.

There's so much I could say but won't!

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 10:54pm
What,.... go on say it!,

Who needs satnav when you have satnag!,!!!
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 7:18am
I have the new lg g2 and it pairs great and give song titles on screen and allows use of the stop and play buttons which my old s2 didnt allow

Very impressed so far :)
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 7:53am
Since I started this thread I have upgraded to a Galaxy S3 and it paired with the Connect system and downloaded the phonebook straight away and I can use the system fully now. I think the problem may be that the old phone was paired with other devices and was somehow being stopped from fully pairing with the Nissan unit. The new phone was paired with the Nissan Connect system first of all before anything else.

I'd try deleting all other devices and then try to pair again with the Connect system. If that doesn't work then, as mrchiggles says above, you may need to do a factory reset on your phone but remember you may loose things that are on your phone so do a back up first.
PeterandPaulo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterandPaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:47pm
I have paired my Nokia N8 with my connect system and it works very well :)
P&P Qashqai Dec 2009 N-Tec 1.5 DCI Automirrors, Cafe Latte.
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:38pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

What,.... go on say it!,

Who needs satnav when you have satnag!,!!!
gunmetal, 1.5dci Acenta now morphed into a Black Note. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!!
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 2:05pm
Update -well changed motors--- but nissan connect in this car works fine ,my samsung connected and working great!.
temiatwork View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote temiatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 8:28am
Samsung galaxy S3 works great with my QQ+2 (2013)....

until i upgraded to Samsung galaxy S4!!! Angry
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:58am
I have an htc one and it connects fine, no problems at all.
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
euphbasio View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote euphbasio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:14pm
Has anyone any recommendations for the above problem? I have a Galaxy S4 and the unit just switches off randomly. Very annoying!
### QQ Tekna 2.0 dCi 4x2 ###
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic